• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s AGATHA: COVEN OF CHAOS series (2024)
5 5

113 posts in this topic

On 9/26/2024 at 10:10 AM, Chip Cataldo said:
On 9/26/2024 at 9:40 AM, TupennyConan said:

Sell your Daredevils.

Why? I see a close to zero percent probability that the new show won't be equal to or possibly better than the old

I found the DD Netflix series to be average at best. I was not a fan. If this one is the same then it may not succeed as viewers want more now. The first DD series was released in a simpler time.

Edited by kimik

On 9/28/2024 at 12:50 PM, kimik said:

I found the DD Netflix series to be average at best. I was not a fan. If this one is the same then it may not succeed as viewers want more now. The first DD series was released in a simpler time.

I was a fan. I wasn't a fan of the many other NF MARVEL shows. By that math, DD was above average for me.

On 9/28/2024 at 11:17 AM, Bosco685 said:

They are also giving legitimately and intentionally confusing metric for streaming shows. Disney reported the Acolyte had just over 11 M views in the first FIVE days, now this has 9.3 million in SEVEN days. They are intentionally using this so people and investors have a difficult time determining what everything means.  In reality I think even the most popular streaming shows may have bad numbers, especially when compared no historically popular shows. Thus sometimes its minutes watched, sometimes views, sometimes some other odd metric.  It makes it impossible to compare shows since the lengths are not standardized like network TV, plus repeat views get lumped into  minutes watched at times.  Just tell us this episode had x number of viewers in a set number of days, and be done with it.

Samba TV is basically the Nielson ratings for streaming shows. They have an "opt-in app" for Smart TVs that tracks actual viewership #s (much like how Nielson was opt-in but used viewer logs).

https://www.mediaplaynews.com/samba-tv-penguin-tops-weekly-streaming-viewership-through-sept-22/

Some notable rankings for the past week:

1) The Penguin

5) Tulsa King s2

8) Rings of Power

not ranked) Agatha

When I watch these shows (if I watch these shows) now a days it's always after all the episodes have dropped and I can just binge them.  

Which means my "viewership" never gets counted by these models that only seem to care about eyeballs in the first week/month/etc.  

On 10/1/2024 at 2:42 PM, Axelrod said:

When I watch these shows (if I watch these shows) now a days it's always after all the episodes have dropped and I can just binge them.  

Which means my "viewership" never gets counted by these models that only seem to care about eyeballs in the first week/month/etc.  

When I watch something I don't really feel like watching, it's really just to get a first hand look at what everyone's talk about (and to see if it's as bad as everyone it saying it is) but I don't want to be part of a statistic that makes a trainwreck look more successful. :wink:

On 10/1/2024 at 2:42 PM, Axelrod said:

Actually it does.  Many of the current streaming models count minutes watched for all episodes released.  This is how shows like the Office and Suits have repeatedly appeared on top streaming lists. They have many seasons and many episodes, and when binge watched by even a moderate sized group (like the sudden popularity of Suits a few years ago) will put them to the top.  I would even argue that older shows with lots of content are even potentially favored by the minutes watched metrics.  It shows were gathering good word of mouth, good reviews, and attracting large audiences waiting to binge, these shows would show a large pop in viewership a few weeks after then last episode has dropped, when there are more minutes available to track. We are not seeing that.  What we have instead is one or two early episodes appearing, then the shows just going away.  Finally, as truly popular shows like Stranger Things and Wednesday have shown, streaming shows that are building audiences and getting into the broader levels of popularity, will stay on these charts for weeks, well beyond when the episodes stop being released. 

I have subscribed to Disney+ since it's inception. So you'd probably count me as a profitable demographic; I'm also heaving invested in their toys, comics, merch etc. 

I am going to cancel it for the next few months tho. Normally, they spread out shows so there isn't a huge gap between things I want to watch. But between Agatha and Star Wars Skeleton Crew, I can't see anything I want to watch in the next 6 months. 

Edited by Lpgk

On 10/9/2024 at 5:02 PM, Lpgk said:

I have subscribed to Disney+ since it's inception. So you'd probably count me as a profitable demographic; I'm also heaving invested in their toys, comics, merch etc. 

I am going to cancel it for the next few months tho. Normally, they spread out shows so there isn't a huge gap between things I want to watch. But between Agatha and Star Wars Skeleton Crew, I can't see anything I want to watch in the next 6 months. 

We've got Disney+ roped into our Verizon bill, so it's not something we get rid of, but in the past many months, I believe the only thing I've watched was X-Men '97. I'm sure that Disney is counting me as an "active subscriber" even though I basically have a "free" subscription - but if I were paying for it, I'd have bailed months ago.