• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED! JUNK SALE Mostly GA but as always a few odd items thrown in for fun!
3 3

215 posts in this topic

Popular Comics #20 Sept 1937 Dell Pubs

Big fat comic! Feels like a magazine. Kids really got their dime’s worth back then! D Tracy, Terry & the Pirates by Milton Caniff, Don Winslow of the Navy, Little Orphan Annie and many other features.

Beautiful color strike on this copy! Spine is a bit rolled. A couple upper right corner creases and just light general reading wear. Well bound with off white pages.

WAS $65.   NOW $55.

popular20a.jpg

popular20b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Shock Gibson Live Wires Speed Comics Volunteer Club Pinback Button

I mostly just put this up for my own amusement as I doubt there are many of you comic book guys who know about this stuff.

Yes, for those who actually read their books, you will know that there was actually a club you could join back in the 1940's for 'ole Shock Gibson.

Now, anybody (like me) who actually looks high and low for Speed Comics gotta figure out how rare one of these are. If the comics are hard to get, how tough is it to find one of these?

That being said, it's a dupe for me and for the bargain price of $225. you too could be a member of a VERY select group! Ask yourself what you paid for the last issue of Speed you bought?

Don't like it, just buy it!

zshockgibsonpin1.jpg

zshockgibsonpin2.jpg

On 10/13/2021 at 5:41 PM, SpideyFein said:

Actually YES. What a wild splash. I'm going to look back in the thread again to see the many goodies. 

You know, if a lot of sellers actually looked inside and posted pics of the contents, they would sell a whole lot more books...hm

SOLD!

Tip Top #198 May 1956 St. John Pubs

5 pages of Peanuts!

A tight, bright complete copy. Front cover has some kind of a light white “stain”? at bottom. Nothing bad but evident. Tight copy with fresh off white interior pages. Just light reading wear. 

$35. 

tiptop198a.jpg

tiptop198b.jpg

tiptop198c.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

On 10/13/2021 at 8:48 PM, Robot Man said:

Shock Gibson Live Wires Speed Comics Volunteer Club Pinback Button

I mostly just put this up for my own amusement as I doubt there are many of you comic book guys who know about this stuff.

Yes, for those who actually read their books, you will know that there was actually a club you could join back in the 1940's for 'ole Shock Gibson.

Now, anybody (like me) who actually looks high and low for Speed Comics gotta figure out how rare one of these are. If the comics are hard to get, how tough is it to find one of these?

That being said, it's a dupe for me and for the bargain price of $225. you too could be a member of a VERY select group! Ask yourself what you paid for the last issue of Speed you bought?

Don't like it, just buy it!

zshockgibsonpin1.jpg

zshockgibsonpin2.jpg

I frigging love this pinback.

SOLD!

The Lone Rider #21 Aug-Sept 1954 Ajax/Farrell Pubs

Awsome 3-D Effect cover as noted in Overstreet. GGA and violence! Cool house ad featuring a title called Police Thrills that was never published probably due to the comics code. 

Another real nice glossy copy! Has a few tiny spine and corner bends. Light wear at top. Very light discoloration on back cover. Cover tightly bound to book and centerfold. Fresh very slightly yellowed pages with no interior damage. 

$60. (another one I don’t mind keeping) 

lonerider21a.jpg

lonerider21b.jpg

lonerider21c.jpg

lonerider21d.jpg

lonerider21e.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

On 10/14/2021 at 1:53 AM, Robot Man said:

Awsome 3-D Effect cover as noted in Overstreet. GGA and violence! Cool house ad featuring a title called Police Thrills that was never published probably due to the comics code. 

Another real nice glossy copy! Has a few tiny spine and corner bends. Light wear at top. Very light discoloration on back cover. Cover tightly bound to book and centerfold. Fresh very slightly yellowed pages with no interior damage. 

lonerider21a.jpg

lonerider21b.jpg

lonerider21c.jpg

lonerider21d.jpg

lonerider21e.jpg

Take

On 10/13/2021 at 5:53 PM, Robot Man said:

lonerider21a.jpg

lonerider21b.jpg

lonerider21c.jpg

lonerider21d.jpg

lonerider21e.jpg

image.gif.72a41fae338cb9f22e2179342df50a9d.gif

On 10/13/2021 at 6:00 PM, Robot Man said:

Sorry Ray, Andy was quicker to the draw on that one...:sorry:

Congrats to goldust40.  Doesn’t matter how fast the internet is if I’m in the bathroom, which is more information than anybody wanted to know.

On 10/14/2021 at 2:02 AM, BitterOldMan said:

Congrats to goldust40.  Doesn’t matter how fast the internet is if I’m in the bathroom, which is more information than anybody wanted to know.

I assumed you were indisposed. Haven’t had a look in in this thread this evening until that book…

Edited by goldust40