• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

He Read All 27,000 Marvel Comic Books and Lived to Tell the Tale

63 posts in this topic

On 6/23/2022 at 7:45 PM, Zonker said:

I finished All of the Marvels today, and the author actually began reading Marvel Comics at age 10, and has more-or-less been reading comics ever since.  He might have re-read some of them for this project, but he certainly didn't need to keep up the pace of 20 books a day for 3.7 years, given his early start.  :foryou:

Did you like the book?

Edited by bronze johnny

On 6/23/2022 at 4:45 PM, Zonker said:

I finished All of the Marvels today, and the author actually began reading Marvel Comics at age 10, and has more-or-less been reading comics ever since.  He might have re-read some of them for this project, but he certainly didn't need to keep up the pace of 20 books a day for 3.7 years, given his early start.  :foryou:

I finished it last week. Really enjoyed it. Even the sections on comics I wasn’t very familiar with, like Master of Kung-Fu, we’re riveting. And I was turned on to a lot of modern series/runs that I’ve neglected over the years. (Added about a dozen trades to my wishlist.)

Was bummed that he didn’t do much with Daredevil (beyond mentioning Miller’s iconic runs), and his disdain for Heroes Reborn and the Jim Lee/Rob Liefeld era was super apparent. But overall, an indispensable read by an author who really loves the hobby/industry. 

On 6/24/2022 at 7:05 PM, bronze johnny said:

Did you like the book?

Yes, I thought it was extremely well done.  As I mentioned above, the Silver Age / Bronze Age stuff was old hat, but the author brought things forward to several modern series I had no knowledge of.  Dark Reign sounds interesting.  Squirrel Girl, less so.  But I'm not their target audience for that one, more power to them for expanding the demographic.