• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What happens if I die before my books are graded?
3 3

42 posts in this topic

On 10/19/2021 at 11:28 AM, lostboys said:

Well, yes but maybe...no?

Since CGC does not charge your credit card right away...lets say I die and my credit cards are shut down before CGC gets around to charging for the services.

In this situation there will be no one for CGC to contact and no credit card to charge so the books will never be shipped out.

So, I should ship all my thousands of books to CGC for grading, cancel my credit cards, and laugh as it puts them under?

Ingenious way to get rid of this horse collar I call a collection, at minimal cost. The heirs might be happy with not having to deal with it! :banana: 

On 10/19/2021 at 7:26 PM, bb8 said:

High-grade copies of Super Goof will have that affect.

What, what, what?  Those 70 books are a minor part of the collection..., all HG though. :banana: 

Wut if you are just on your deathbed and your shipment finally arrives and stuff.  You can look em over and if there's mistakes-**** outta luck I guess.

On 10/19/2021 at 7:04 PM, Galen130 said:

I’ll will them to my wife, who will then sell them for massively inflated prices in order to pay for my cremation.  Then I want her to submit my ashes for grading…

You could have your ashes and comics shipped to an artist via a facilitator and have them use the ashes as medium to do art on the comics and get a CGC SS . 

Side note. Wonder if they would note it on the label. (" sketched with ash remains of Onlyweaknesskryptonite ") hm

Start getting the Stray Dogs artists to sketch your past pets with their cremated ashes.  "Fluffy sketch done with Fluffys ashes"

Maybe get a Ash Vs Evil Dead book and have them make the cover look like the Necronomicon with some of your dried and tanned flesh.. 

On 10/19/2021 at 10:20 PM, JollyComics said:

What if questions may be irrelevant. Just call CGC customer service and see what they will say.

I doubt they are Irrelevant as Disney Plus did a whole series. :roflmao:

Although sure if you get them on the phone they will probably quote some generic answer and when asking further questions they will ask you to hold while they look for an answer .

Then when they come back they say they can't look it up right now as they can't log in or  there is a 500 error. 

On 10/19/2021 at 9:34 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

You could have your ashes and comics shipped to an artist via a facilitator and have them use the ashes as medium to do art on the comics and get a CGC SS . 

Side note. Wonder if they would note it on the label. (" sketched with ash remains of Onlyweaknesskryptonite ") hm

Start getting the Stray Dogs artists to sketch your past pets with their cremated ashes.  "Fluffy sketch done with Fluffys ashes"

Maybe get a Ash Vs Evil Dead book and have them make the cover look like the Necronomicon with some of your dried and tanned flesh.. 

37ECDD71-0AA8-4DAD-9D6F-1D7AEAF802E9.gif

On 10/20/2021 at 1:47 AM, Poekaymon said:

Trusts and estates lawyers hate Buzzy.

Good thing I’m not a lawyer….I think Buzz rocks. :foryou:

Not sure why though…(shrug)

:roflmao:

On 10/19/2021 at 10:02 PM, lizards2 said:

So, I should ship all my thousands of books to CGC for grading, cancel my credit cards, and laugh as it puts them under?

Ingenious way to get rid of this horse collar I call a collection, at minimal cost. The heirs might be happy with not having to deal with it! :banana: 

They would all wind up on Heritage with a gold pedigree label entitled, "The Deadbeat Collection: Promise II", and it is possible that they would hammer under questionable bidding practices. 

On 10/19/2021 at 10:39 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

I doubt they are Irrelevant as Disney Plus did a whole series. :roflmao:

Although sure if you get them on the phone they will probably quote some generic answer and when asking further questions they will ask you to hold while they look for an answer .

Then when they come back they say they can't look it up right now as they can't log in or  there is a 500 error. 

I know you can talk. Would you dare to call them?

On 10/20/2021 at 1:10 AM, Galen130 said:

Good thing I’m not a lawyer….I think Buzz rocks. :foryou:

Not sure why though…(shrug)

:roflmao:

Because he smells phishy?