• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Really Has Lost "it"...

13 posts in this topic

After reading this, I am at a loss for words:

Joey Q's Weekly Address

BTW, this was extremely grating - and long-time Spidey fans probably should be furious:

"NRAMA: In other words, can you reveal some of the secret origin of House of M's ramifications?

Brian?

Brian Bendis: Actually there is a story. Joe, yes, has been bellowing about the mutant population since I first met him but I appreciated that he didn't just shove this agenda onto any story that came at him. There was years of patience, it was story and character first.

We were all in la at a dinner with Jeph Loeb, and Joss Whedon was there, and some other names I could drop, but I was telling my Avengers: Disassembled plans to Loeb and I was all excited and Loeb was listening diligently and he said: "When does Magneto show up?"

Magneto wasn't initially part of the Avengers plan because I was focused on the Avengers. But Loeb asked it with that look that said. "Of course I'm going to have Magneto show up and try to help his daughter", and I instantly, was like, "Duh".

And from there the seeds of House of M's emotional family arc came about and from there the genuine opportunity to tell this story and its gigantic aftermath was born.

So, yeah, blame Loeb [laughs]...

And Loeb !@#$'ed Gwen Stacy.

NRAMA: OH! Hey now, that was completely unnecessary... "

I'm not a person who jumps on Joey Q's bandwagon.....but, I like the mutant decimation angle. There WERE too many mutants. There WERE too many X-Men. Mutant is derivative of mutation and generally speaking, a mutation is NOT a good thing to be. The proliferation of Mutants has been and was continuing to be excessive. They should be more limited, more special, when they appear in a book....they beat the odds and survived their mutation.

All that being said, I'm sure there will be certain mutant losses that I'm gonna be ticked about...but as long as Cyclops is still kicking, I'll be happy enough.

Plus, I would rejoice more in the lessening of Mutants as that would also hopefully end the earlier debate/modern storyline that Spider-Man was a mutant. But, it now seems that Marvel is trying to give him a more mystical origin. The radioactive spider angle still works for me.

You know... there are so many forumites who claim they don't read Marvel and don't care what Marvel does, but those same people sure do talk about Marvel a lot. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I don't like train wrecks either, but I always gawk at them as I drive by.

You know... there are so many forumites who claim they don't read Marvel and don't care what Marvel does, but those same people sure do talk about Marvel a lot. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

And who exactly are these people of whom you speak?

I'm a silver/bronze/copper Marvel Zombie, check my profile. But there are more misses than hits with Modern Marvel. My response to your quote is that a lot of people used to read Marvel...some still do...and most all wish for the stories to be entertaining and yet still hold true to the characters that they grew up with. When many people complain, they are speaking from familiarity with the characters...and their desire for the books to be successful and also provide some quality entertainment.

Of course this has nothing to do with my earlier post in which I felt that I expressed my view on the House of M(which I saw as a positive opinion) along with a sufficient explanation.

... is that a lot of people used to read Marvel...some still do...and most all wish for the stories to be entertaining and yet still hold true to the characters that they grew up with. When many people complain, they are speaking from familiarity with the characters...and their desire for the books to be successful and also provide some quality entertainment......

amen, brudder, amen !!!!

... is that a lot of people used to read Marvel...some still do...and most all wish for the stories to be entertaining and yet still hold true to the characters that they grew up with. When many people complain, they are speaking from familiarity with the characters...and their desire for the books to be successful and also provide some quality entertainment......

amen, brudder, amen !!!!

Well, House of M is still more entertaining than reading my text books. So I have no complaints. hi.gif