• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Motor City Comic Con October 15 & 16

12 posts in this topic

I don't recall seeing anything mentioned about this before.

MOTOR CITY COMIC CON - OCTOBER 15 & 16

Sat 11am - 6pm / Sun 11am - 5pm

Rock Financial Showplace

46100 Grand River Ave.,

Novi, MI. 48374.

Novi is a suburb of Detroit, MI in Oakland county.

http://motorcitycomiccon.com/motor_city_comic_con

COMIC GUESTS

Publishers:

Arrow Comics

Blue Line Pro

Chaos! Comics

501 Stormtrooper Brigade

Skitz TV

Creators:

Eric Adams

David Aikins

Shawn Amberger

Roberto Armstrong

Ayers

Derek Baillie

Bill Baker

Jeremy Bastian

Sott Beaderstadt

Andy Bennett

Justin Bleep

Pam Bliss

Mark Bloodworth

Marc Bode

Aaron Bordner

Bill Bryan

Leanne Buckley

Richard Bugbee

Chris Caldwell

Jamie Campbell

Tommy Castillo

Shawn Coolidge

TC Cor

Joe Corroney

Scott Crawford

Guy Davis

Evan Derion

Dave Dorman

Matthew Ellison

Matt Feazell

Al Feldstein

Sean Forney

Edward Francis

Ron Garney

Brian Germain

Mike Grell

Jasmine Grey

Nate Higley

Martin Hirchak

Erik Hodson

Barbara Houck

Jane Irwin

Casey Jones

Justin of World Famous Comics

Trent Kaniuga

Roi Klark

Robert Kraus

Levi Krause

Ray Lago

Timothy Lantz

Andy Lee

Scott Licina

Kevin Leen

Vince Locke

William Messner Loebs

Carl Lundgren

Mick Mcart

Jason Moser

Dave Nestler

Eddy Newell

Kevin O'Brien

Erin Parsons

David Petersen

Brett Pinson

Nate Pride

Jimmy Proctor

Brian Pulido

Eric Reichart

Don Rosa

Scott Rosema

Paul Ryan

Jeff Sinning

Paul Sizer

Steven Sluyter

Louis Small, Jr.

Kelli Stakenas

Tony Steele

Diana Stein

William Stolpin

Trace Stoops

John Stryk, Jr.

Mark Texeara

Sueanne Luc Tom

Layne Toth

Sue Van Camp

Joshua Warner

Kenji Watanabe

Paris Watkins

Laura Whent

Bill Wilkison

Norm Williams

Adam Withers

Chris Yambar

Randy Jay Yarger

Randy Zimmerman

Timothy Zulewski

Many more being added!

MEDIA GUESTS

Conrad Brooks - Plan 9 From Outer Space

LeVar Burton - Star Trek: The Next Generation

Rob Van Dam - WWE superstar

Grey Delisle - Voice actor - X-Men Legends, Doom 3, Fairly Oddparents, Realms of Everquest

Glori-Ann Gilbert - B Actress

Herb Jefferson, Jr. - Battlestar Galactica

Kane Hodder - Jason from Friday The 13th (Saturday Only)

Ernie Hudson - Oz and Ghosbusters

Lori Lust - Award-winning Fitness Model and Playboy model

Jenna Magen - International glamour and pin-up model (signing at the PP&G collectibles booth)

Eddie Mekka - Laverne and Shirley as The Big Raggo

Rob Paulsen - Voice actor - Jimmy Neutron, Doom 3, Metal Gear, Final Fantasy X-2

Brande Roderick - Baywatch and Baywatch Hawaii

Chanel Ryan - FHM, Playboy, Benchwarmer Trading Cards, Best Damn Sports Show, Drew Carey Show, General Hospital, Baseketball and more!

Jack Stauffer - Battlestar Galactica

Cathy St. George - Playboy Playmate, Miss August 1982. Comic book character "Saint 7, International Spy". Also appears on film and TV.

Garrett Wang - Star Trek: Voyager

Claudia Wells - Back To The Future

Fred Williamson - Delta Force, From Dusk Till Dawn, Starsky & Hutch and 16 years in the NFL with Pittsburgh, Kansas City and Oakland.

COMICS CANCELLATIONS

Tim Truman - Work commitment

MEDIA CANCELLATIONS

Jack O'Halloran - Work commitment

Kim Richards - Will be on location all of October filming a new John Singleton movie called "Black Snake Moan". Also starring in that movie are actors Samuel L. Jackson, Christina Ricci and Justin Timberlake. Kim Richards hopes her fans will understand and if her schedule permits, she would love to appear at your next show in May '06.

Peter Scolari - Work commitment

You didn't miss much. Of all the dealers they had there I only found 1 that had good books at good prices.

Best buy i ever made came from there last year....

I wish i would have known....would've been there in a flash!!!!!

Where was it advertised?

Sorry, I wish I'd posted something earlier. I usually go but couldn't this year. I know they advertised online at places like www.comicbookconventions.com but I'm sure they also sent out flyers to the surrounding stores.

I stopped going to the Fall Motor City Show 2 years ago. I found the dealers dwindling each year and it was harder to find decent Bronze and Silver Age books I was looking for. It wasn't worth the entrance fee for me and I'm never interested in the guests or toys or DVD's, etc.

The dealer turnout seemed way down to me. Maybe it was the new facility but I thought there were a lot less dealers at this show than I remember from the previous fall shows.

Have to agree, comic book dealer turnout was down IMO, but there certainly was plenty of DVD dealers there. 27_laughing.gif

I honestly didn't even buy one thing.

Well I was there.. see my name... yep there it is... musta been there... j/k wactually paryt of the problem is that it isn't really advertised the way it should be... if you live in Detroit or novi you probabl;y seen it advertised on tv or the paper... however in the back of Wizard mag they list cons including this one... But other than that it's one of my biggger complaints about lack of advertising of that con... it has a HUGE potential... the May convention will have only the same amount of advertising most likely and it will be exhibiting a 40th batman anniversary

so... anywho... hopefully they'll get the website updated quickly with all the people that are scheduled to be there in may 2006 like billy tucci, greg horn, joe linsner etc.

oh and me 27_laughing.gif

-Brian

I have to say i rarely go to a comic convention for the dealers anyway... I mostly go to get original art from artist's alley espescially newer or up and coming artist's and artist's that i have never heard of whose stuff is solid... I also like seeing writers in artist's alley (should it be called creators alley?) most of the time I am busy trying to run my own booth in artist's alley and I have toi say for a starting out publisher comic convention rates are rough! espescially wizard world where by time everyone gets through all the big publishers dealers and celebrities and finally make it to artists alley unless you are a huge name they'd rather buy that 4 dollar slice of pizza and 2 dollar can of pop. ouch!

-Brian

The dealer turnout seemed way down to me. Maybe it was the new facility but I thought there were a lot less dealers at this show than I remember from the previous fall shows.

Have to agree, comic book dealer turnout was down IMO, but there certainly was plenty of DVD dealers there. 27_laughing.gif

I honestly didn't even buy one thing.