• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trying to find a podcast or youtube show about comic history in the 90s- founding of Image and Valiant comics

4 posts in this topic

About 4 or 5 years ago, someone recommended a 3 or 4 part youtube series or podcast talking about the founding of Image comics and valiant comics (and what happened with Jim Shooter ) .  I've been trying to find it again but the search function is terrible now.  Does anyone remember which series this is from?

On 10/22/2021 at 10:32 PM, Wolverinex said:

About 4 or 5 years ago, someone recommended a 3 or 4 part youtube series or podcast talking about the founding of Image comics and valiant comics (and what happened with Jim Shooter ) .  I've been trying to find it again but the search function is terrible now.  Does anyone remember which series this is from?

I don't know any videos about Valiant but if you search the History of Image Comics on YouTube, it comes right up. It is multiple parts and is really good.

On 10/23/2021 at 9:54 AM, Motor City Rob said:

I don't know any videos about Valiant but if you search the History of Image Comics on YouTube, it comes right up. It is multiple parts and is really good.

Yes, I watched that as well and it's excellent.

I found the videos; It's called the Rise and Fall of the Comic Empire... follows the fallout from Marvels buyout in the 90s, with Jim shooter founding Valiant as well the creating of Image.  It's very very good.  Made me a valiant fan.