• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DC's THE SPECTRE potential movie from producer Hiram Garcia (TBD)

8 posts in this topic

Black Adam producer Hiram Garcia explains what about The Spectre intrigues him and the chances of Seven Bucks Productions making a film about the DC Comics character.

During our interview we specifically asked Hiram Garcia about the chances of Seven Bucks Production bringing the character The Spectre to the big screen. Considering he, like Black Adam, is a complicated anti-hero with a violent streak Seven Buacks could be the perfect studio to do this fascinating character justice. Garcia wasn’t able to confirm the likelihood of Seven Bucks working on a Spectre film specifically, but he definitely shared his interest in the character and telling more stories in the world that Black Adam is creating.

“I’m always intrigued by characters like The Spectre that is so unbelievably powered and kind of the second half of them is rooted in this gritty grounded space. So, look, all I can say is, I can’t tell you the chances, but I can tell you that at Seven Bucks we do not stop. Like Hawkman and Black Adam, we do not stop fighting for opportunities to tell these stories."

"And look, he comes from two sides. We want to tell the stories, but secondly, we just want to see that the stories are told as best as they can be. There’s a lot of characters out there that we love, that we are continuing to campaign for, to able to tell their stories and get them into the universe we’re crafting here with Black Adam and the JSA and so forth. But I don’t know, my friend."

"I think a lot of it will also be dictated by how Black Adam comes out. If the fans love it, if the fans love Super-Pets, which I’m confident in both those projects. But as storytellers, we’re always going to fight to try and get our hands on some of those beloved characters and bring them to life because it’s the best kind of storytelling there is, right? This is what it’s all about, my friend.”

:wishluck:

On 10/25/2021 at 11:22 PM, kimik said:

As a Spectre fan, the only Spectre centric-ish movie I want to see them do is a Kingdom Come adaptation. 

I’d like to see the inventive retribution as present in both Fleisher and Ostrander’s interpretations of the character, and the classic crime noir grounding.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 10/26/2021 at 4:16 AM, Larryw7 said:

Showcase 60. :gossip:

as a kid in the early 80's I was always hunting down Spectre issues from the back issue bins. I ended up getting his old Murphy Anderson & Neal Adams series, the  Adventure comics issues, guest appearance in Brave & The Bold & others  and of, course,

Showcase60_f.thumb.jpg.b15f16a3f505061dc91226fa94e8362f.jpg