• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Problem while logging in on the Boards with Chrome
2 2

29 posts in this topic

Hi, I don’t know if this has been experienced before or if I am missing something, but this evening I can’t seem to be able to log in with Chrome on my Mac.
I have always used Chrome with the CGC boards, and I logged in a few weeks ago. This evening, while it should show the login credentials page, the browser redirects to the general landing page (see screenshot).
Any clue on why this might be happening? I have temporarily used Safari to log in, but it’s pretty uncomfortable as I have always been used to use Chrome. Thanks!

Schermata 2021-10-26 alle 22.02.05.png

Edited by vaillant

On 10/26/2021 at 9:15 PM, vaillant said:

I cleared the cache and the cookies once again (I just did it once) and now it seems I can log in once again with Chrome.
Thanks much for the reply.

With so many things going on and suggestions being made it's hard to keep up. We just had a 35 minute outage so it may just have been that. Will we ever see stability here again I wonder....

On 10/26/2021 at 1:15 PM, vaillant said:

I cleared the cache and the cookies once again (I just did it once) and now it seems I can log in once again with Chrome.
Thanks much for the reply.

I cleared cookies repeatedly and still got that screen you posted then I just did it again and now I'm back on.  Even incognito window wouldnt let me on-do incognito windows store cookies??
Hope this helps all the other folks cant get on right now reading this-clear cookies again.
Also try using this address:  https://boards.cgccomics.com/forum/8-comics-general/

Edited by kav

On 10/26/2021 at 10:18 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

With so many things going on and suggestions being made it's hard to keep up. We just had a 35 minute outage so it may just have been that. Will we ever see stability here again I wonder....

It seemed it was a constant redirect, not an error, but I wonder why, since this evening I was able to reach the login page once. Then, while I was looking for another thing in a different tab session, it redirected me and I was no longer able to see the login page. But a simple clean up of the cache and cookies did the trick.

On 10/26/2021 at 10:21 PM, kav said:

I cleared cookies repeatedly and still got that screen you posted then I just did it again and now I'm back on.  Even incognito window wouldnt let me on-do incognito windows store cookies??
Hope this helps all the other folks cant get on right now reading this-clear cookies again.

In Chrome? With Safari the problem did not exist. It might just be a problem related to how Chrome handles the URLs?

On 10/26/2021 at 1:22 PM, vaillant said:

In Chrome? With Safari the problem did not exist. It might just be a problem related to how Chrome handles the URLs?

yep chrome.

On 10/26/2021 at 2:22 PM, vaillant said:

Not necessarily.  I still have issues logging in using my iPad with Safari.  I gave up.  Now I'm on my PC using Chrome...no issues.  From what I've seen, it's random and/or unpredictable.  Today was the first time having an issue using Safari.  Remember the old snowball adage....

On 10/26/2021 at 2:23 PM, vaillant said:

BTW, hi and glad to see all of you guys once again.
It’s been quite a hectic year after the death of my parents and I hope to be able to get back also to sell/buy something. :)

I don't know if we've met, but welcome back. :hi:

My sincerest condolences to you and yours.  :foryou:

On 10/26/2021 at 9:28 PM, Galen130 said:

+1 :foryou: @vaillant

On 10/26/2021 at 10:28 PM, Galen130 said:

Thanks, I appreciate it a lot. It’s been (and still is) a drastic change. I am still deciding about my job so I was considering also buying/selling books and comics (here in Italy as well).
I don’t think we’ve ever crossed, but I had been here very little since 2018.

On 10/26/2021 at 1:25 PM, vaillant said:

Did you remove all three of them?
To have the same "feel" I think you could use Brave as an "emergency browser". I am going to re-install it and see, just in case.

Schermata 2021-10-26 alle 22.24.08.png

I didnt remove anything I just cleared cookies.  But if it happens again I will search for the site first and not let autofill take me automatically to https://boards.cgccomics.com/

On 10/26/2021 at 10:38 PM, kav said:

I didnt remove anything I just cleared cookies.  But if it happens again I will search for the site first and not let autofill take me automatically to https://boards.cgccomics.com/

Actually it did it to me regardless of "autofill". And yes, by "remove" I meant "clear". :)