• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

wavy pages
1 1

8 posts in this topic

At the suggestion of another member, I post my question in this forum.

Assuming that this comic (first one on the left) is a 9.8, at which grade would it be downgraded if the only obvious defect are the wavy interior pages? The cover and back cover don’t have this problem.

The comics are The Hobbit 1, 2 and 3. The last two issues opened more easily than the first one. The pages do not stick together, though.

I understand that pressing it will remove the problem but let said that I don’t plan to press it.

Thanks in advance for your time.

IMG_3995b.jpg

On 11/4/2021 at 4:42 AM, LowGradeBronze said:

I imagine it comes down to whether CGC consider the waviness to be due to manufacturing or moisture. If the latter then expect quite a big hit. If the former then none or minimal. 

As far as I know, this is a manufacturing problem.

I bought all books when they were released in 1989. They were kept in the same box in a dark and dry place since the beginning all three side by side.

On 11/6/2021 at 11:03 AM, Pangolin said:

As far as I know, this is a manufacturing problem.

I bought all books when they were released in 1989. They were kept in the same box in a dark and dry place since the beginning all three side by side.

Wavy pages bother me but I've been told it's the paper. I see new releases on the shelf with wavy pages and it makes my stomach hurt.

Some of these newer marvel comics have wavy covers - nowhere near as obvious as what OP posted and there are complaints that they are coming back as 9.6’s on some facebook forums.  CGC would have to know it’s a manufacturing defect and if it can be fixed with a press - I’d err on the side of fixing it.