• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Little help with Gigantor figures

12 posts in this topic

Not sure what you're asking-- do you know what's in the box?   It says something about a car and "white iron man" -- you might be having a hard time searching because in Japan he's not called Gigantor he's Tetsujin 28-go.   With all Japanese items my first stop is always Mandarake.com-- they have a half dozen + stores all over Japan (I've been to six of them) and they have amazing DHL shipping which gets your item to the states, even during the height of the pandemic when nothing was getting delivered, in three to five days.   If you sign up for a free account with their website you can choose "english" as an option to display items on the web-page.   Expect zero help customer service wise, except for their Tokyo store they speak very little english.   After Mandarake try the Tetsujin search on eBay and I bet you'll get better results.  

just email me if you want more info. my wife is japanese. andy's right, that one is the white 'imposter' version of tetsujin 28go. looks like the box next to it says POSEIDON in katakana, though i'm not sure what version that is. 

alex@alexgross.com

Edited by alexgross.com

On 10/27/2021 at 12:39 PM, alexgross.com said:

found it. this is what it looks like inside. it's white, as previously noted. 

toyshoppd-img600x450-1256804359sbzayn708

Poseidon is another character from the tetsujin series. 

how much are these? i recall seeing them in japan around 20 years ago. 

Nice! A guy has them in his collection he wants to sell me. Have no idea what they are worth. I know he has several different characters. Let me get pics when I have a chance

Do you know who the manufacturer is?

Edited by Hulksdaddy1

On 10/27/2021 at 10:08 AM, Hulksdaddy1 said:

Nice! A guy has them in his collection he wants to sell me. Have no idea what they are worth. I know he has several different characters. Let me get pics when I have a chance

Do you know who the manufacturer is?

my wife says it looks like the company is ROMAN-DO.

in japan, people are selling these for around $50 online. 

search is here:

https://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/closedsearch/closedsearch/横山光輝ロボットコレクション/0/

On 10/27/2021 at 10:10 PM, alexgross.com said:

my wife says it looks like the company is ROMAN-DO.

in japan, people are selling these for around $50 online. 

search is here:

https://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/closedsearch/closedsearch/横山光輝ロボットコレクション/0/

Thanks man, this was a huge help. I had no idea what to value these at. Much appreciated. :foryou:

On 10/27/2021 at 12:39 PM, alexgross.com said:

found it. this is what it looks like inside. it's white, as previously noted. 

toyshoppd-img600x450-1256804359sbzayn708

Poseidon is another character from the tetsujin series. 

how much are these? i recall seeing them in japan around 20 years ago. 

Hey bud, figured you might like to see all of them

IMG_8364.JPG

IMG_8365.JPG

On 10/29/2021 at 9:17 PM, alexgross.com said:

did you buy them? i think my son would love these. he's super into japanese characters, particularly ultraman and kamen rider, but likes tetsujin too. 

Guy had left them(and a bunch of other stuff) with me so I can go through it, come up with an offer. He's coming in tomorrow to see what we can do I'm sure we'll come to an agreement. 

You can absolutely have first dibs, on whatever you'd like. Just LMK bud.

On 10/29/2021 at 9:17 PM, alexgross.com said:

did you buy them? i think my son would love these. he's super into japanese characters, particularly ultraman and kamen rider, but likes tetsujin too. 

Well, misread that one. Guy thought they were worth $100 each, minimum. Couldn't reach an agreement. Sorry bud.

Mandarake has the Revoltech figure for $35 before shipping, I think your son might like this more than a statue.  They’ve also got the Black Ox figure further down the page.  Shipping via DHL shouldn’t be too crazy, I just got a Medicom Connery Bond figure for under $50 with shipping, and it’s a 1/6 scale figure.  https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/listPage/list?keyword=Tetsujin 28&lang=en