• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Studios' THUNDERBOLTS movie (2024)
1 1

65 posts in this topic

On 9/23/2024 at 9:14 PM, Silver Surfer said:

I will watch it but have no idea what it’s about. They should have revamped the Taskmaster true to his original form. 

Maybe.  Just maybe, the Taskmaster in this film will be something at least a little closer to the comic version (albeit gender-flipped).  

Making him (her) a mindless robot in the Black Widow movie was just such a terrible decision as far as I'm concerned.  But maybe now the character is no longer a mindless robot and will have some...personality?  

Fans Accuse Marvel of AI Thunderbolts Poster

Thunderbolts* has a brand-new poster and fans think it was created by AI. Monday morning brought a surprise drop for the Thunderbolts* trailer. But, after the fans got over how cool the entire thing looked, attention shifted towards "Bob"'s hand in the new poster. An initial posting of the image showed off Lewis Pullman's character with six fingers instead of five. This of course sent the Marvel Studios investigators into overdrive trying to analyze the image and see if it could have been AI generated. A lot of the Internet seems to have landed on the theory that it was just a photoshop mistake as there are other irregularities present in the poster composition. (For example, limbs on other characters being in strange groupings that don't make a ton of sense. But, not in that obvious AI way where something is a dead giveaway).

Upon further inspection on Twitter, people think that "Bob"'s sixth finger is actually just the fifth digit clipped by some strange layout choices. 

thunderbolts-sentry-fingers-poster-bob-lewis-pullman.jpg

On 9/23/2024 at 11:01 PM, Chip Cataldo said:

Meh. A bunch of characters I couldn't give two chits about, and Bucky. Pass.

I have to agree.  Nothing about the preview makes me want to spend $14 to go see it in the theaters.  It looks like a typical direct to streaming action flick that I'd wait to pay $5 for if it didn't become free fast enough.  I hated Black Widow and it's giving me BW sequel vibes. 

Edited by 1Cool