• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

To many Comics lol

32 posts in this topic

On 10/30/2021 at 8:52 PM, Sgtmjwilson said:

Thanks. I did research and new there was a market for it. Great appreciate the feedback. 

I used to own $1.00 Canadian SW #8 CGC 9.8 and Mike Zeck and Stan Lee signatures on 75 cent SW #8 CGC 9.8.   If I didn't let them go earlier, I would make $3000 to $4000 on both copies.  That was 7 years ago.

However, at least I have this 9.2/9.4 copy:

SW8.thumb.jpeg.1d0db4df81ec5d5d18e712a534207b50.jpeg

@Sgtmjwilson You sounded like you were a busy soldier. You might simply grab the comic books as much as you could then you stowed them away since ever.  

Edited by JollyComics

On 10/30/2021 at 10:30 PM, JollyComics said:

I used to own $1.00 Canadian SW #8 CGC 9.8 and Mike Zeck and Stan Lee signatures on 75 cent SW #8 CGC 9.8.   If I didn't let them go earlier, I would make $3000 to $4000 on both copies.  That was 7 years ago.

However, at least I have this 9.2/9.4 copy:

SW8.thumb.jpeg.1d0db4df81ec5d5d18e712a534207b50.jpeg

@Sgtmjwilson You sounded like you were a busy soldier. You might simply grab the comic books as much as you could then you stowed them away since ever.  

Man you had some nice copies. I hate to ask what you sold it for but you know today market hot then hit rock bottom. I am really not after the money. Yes it is nice to get profits but I do not want the comics to get shoved in the corner. Even though most of my collection is at the high end dosn't mean people will buy it cause maybe they are not into the subject. I hardly even bought DC batman etc. So wow I might have a 9.9 rare i get it blue moon but if people are not into its worth maybe paper printed on.

On 10/30/2021 at 8:05 PM, Sgtmjwilson said:

Also, I was lucky my total time was under a week to get them back =P 

You got incredibly lucky. DO NOT expect this as the norm, prepare yourself for months and months of waiting on future submissions.

And regarding pressing your 9.8's, don't waste your money. Is it possible you'd bump to 9.9, sure. Is it at all likely, no, not at all. Be happy with 9.8, it's essentially the best grade you're gonna get ever.

On 10/31/2021 at 8:28 PM, Fisionbomb said:

You got incredibly lucky. DO NOT expect this as the norm, prepare yourself for months and months of waiting on future submissions.

And regarding pressing your 9.8's, don't waste your money. Is it possible you'd bump to 9.9, sure. Is it at all likely, no, not at all. Be happy with 9.8, it's essentially the best grade you're gonna get ever.

Thanks Fisionbomb. I was asking about pressing the 2 Hulk #340 that I received 9.6 on. The copies are clean I do see a small finger bend if I take out a magnifying glass and a tiny little crease on the spine. The market for a 9.6 is $500-$600 and a 9.8 is $1500 etc. I was just wondering if it made sense to press and possible get a 9.8 since it "should" remove handling defects.  I totally agree with you on the 9.8 graded comics. 

Edited by Sgtmjwilson
Update

On 10/31/2021 at 10:01 PM, Sgtmjwilson said:

Thanks Fisionbomb. I was asking about pressing the 2 Hulk #340 that I received 9.6 on. The copies are clean I do see a small finger bend if I take out a magnifying glass and a tiny little crease on the spine. The market for a 9.6 is $500-$600 and a 9.8 is $1500 etc. I was just wondering if it made sense to press and possible get a 9.8 since it "should" remove handling defects.  I totally agree with you on the 9.8 graded comics. 

Pressing might remove a slight non colour breaking bend. Pressing will not remove a crease or tick that breaks colour.

On 10/31/2021 at 10:33 PM, comicginger1789 said:

Pressing might remove a slight non colour breaking bend. Pressing will not remove a crease or tick that breaks colour.

I know this off subject but might you know anything about Venom Funeral Pyre #1? 

On 10/30/2021 at 7:57 PM, Sgtmjwilson said:

I totally understand your point. I think (could be wrong) that as a kid I bought all my comics from a comic shop and maybe they actually cared about the comics. They also put them in plastics and back boards. There where never exposed comics. IDK.

Even then, it was handled by multiple people. I'm just handing out an FYI because "mint" is an extremely rare condition. If your comics were all cared for, NM (9.4) is still a high grade. I'm OCD about hobby lingo.