• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thor 154 cover color observation

22 posts in this topic

Looking thru Thor 154s on ebay i see the color is all over the map-from green to one sold copy background was basically black and white.  Is this some known issue with the book?  Ps man them Thors have skyrocketed glad I stocked up on multiples for $5-$10 a book about 6 years ago.
@Buzzetta
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=thor+154&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_stpos=95819&_sop=16&_sadis=15&_fsrp=1

On 10/27/2021 at 9:12 PM, kav said:

Looking thru Thor 154s on ebay i see the color is all over the map-from green to one sold copy background was basically black and white.  Is this some known issue with the book?  Ps man them Thors have skyrocketed glad I stocked up on multiples for $5-$10 a book about 6 years ago.
@Buzzetta
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=thor+154&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_stpos=95819&_sop=16&_sadis=15&_fsrp=1

Weird, even the white pager has faded green hm someone forgot to replenish that green ink

5EA69D1B-3E03-45BF-96E8-480E89079B26.jpeg

On 10/28/2021 at 12:12 AM, kav said:

@Buzzetta

Cannot get everything... Can't chase EVERY first appearance... this is a book driven solely on the hype. Is Mangog THAT critical to the MCU like a Thanos, now Kang, eventually Doom?  Or... is he a Taika Waititi joke for this specific movie? 

On 10/28/2021 at 8:09 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Without question, the latter.

And that's when I know to avoid the speculation game for certain characters.   I bought into Annihilus / Franklin Richards / FF6 Hype and don't regret it because I could see Annihilus being a huge part of Marvel Cosmic at some point with the acquisition of the Silver Surfer and certain Guardians characters like Rocket and Groot having the ability to be perpetually part of the MCU since the 'actors' never age out.   (Ross Marquand can handle the workload for all I care.). FF?  Franklin Richards... yeah that hype makes sense. 

Mangog?  

Yeah... nice knowing you. 

On 10/28/2021 at 5:31 PM, MattTheDuck said:

Also a Mangog enthusiast.

Thor - 154.jpg

Mangog and the colonizers were the very best Thor stories.  The colonizers stories are what turned me into a Kirby fan and collector.  

On 10/31/2021 at 11:20 AM, jcjames said:

This is the issue where Thor tells off a bunch of hippies for being lazy dropouts... in '68 at the peak of the hippie movement. 

:bigsmile:

I like the one where guy on motorcycle is teasing thor then asks thor if he can take a joke then thor takes him and his cycle flying and says can you?

On 10/31/2021 at 4:48 PM, kav said:

thats for sure :pullhair:

Hey!  Weird- when I first clicked on the link, it went to a results page that wasn't sorted.  When I just clicked it again, it landed in comics.

Please accept my humble apologies for this insult to your search integrity.  :foryou:

On 10/31/2021 at 2:52 PM, Randall Dowling said:

Hey!  Weird- when I first clicked on the link, it went to a results page that wasn't sorted.  When I just clicked it again, it landed in comics.

Please accept my humble apologies for this insult to your search integrity.  :foryou:

wow I did something right after all!