• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dear CGC....
4 4

38 posts in this topic

• Administrator
On 10/29/2021 at 6:19 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Since you’ve blocked google, can you please fix the in-house search function?

Would be lovely if it were possible to find info posted on this site.

Thanks in advance:foryou:

@CGC Mike

I will add that to the "to do" list.  It will take some time.  

On 10/29/2021 at 8:11 PM, CGC Mike said:

I will add that to the "to do" list.  It will take some time.  

@CGC Mike honestly curious here. Is there a reason for blocking the search engines from indexing the boards? There could be a perfectly valid reason for this from a business perspective but I don't understand why that would be desired. Maybe an oversight?

• Administrator
On 10/29/2021 at 8:19 PM, universal soldier said:

@CGC Mike honestly curious here. Is there a reason for blocking the search engines from indexing the boards? There could be a perfectly valid reason for this from a business perspective but I don't understand why that would be desired. Maybe an oversight?

It's most likely an oversight.  I see Dena has been flagged to this thread.  So, she is probably aware of it.  If it still bothers in a week, I will try to push to get this fixed.  

On 10/29/2021 at 8:29 PM, CGC Mike said:

It's most likely an oversight.  I see Dena has been flagged to this thread.  So, she is probably aware of it.  If it still bothers in a week, I will try to push to get this fixed.  

Thanks!

On 10/29/2021 at 7:44 PM, djpinkpanther67 said:

This is not making me ... 'happy'

Edit:  Let me clarify.  What is not making me "happy" is that I have to basically reset my computer and phone each time I want to log on.  

Edited by Buzzetta

On 10/29/2021 at 8:18 PM, Buzzetta said:

This is not making me ... 'happy'

I bet... Too bad there isn't a category for most Tagged Member.. You would probably win that one hands down.. Also one of the reasons I had not been summoning you anymore.. Seems like almost every other thread someone tags you.. 

On 10/29/2021 at 9:21 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

I bet... Too bad there isn't a category for most Tagged Member.. You would probably win that one hands down.. Also one of the reasons I had not been summoning you anymore.. Seems like almost every other thread someone tags you.. 

Oh, I don't care about that.  Summon and tag away.  It's like being updated on all the good stuff. 

Let me clarify.  What is not making me "happy" is that I have to basically reset my computer and phone each time I want to log on.  

On 10/29/2021 at 8:31 PM, Buzzetta said:

Oh, I don't care about that.  Summon and tag away.  It's like being updated on all the good stuff. 

Let me clarify.  What is not making me "happy" is that I have to basically reset my computer and phone each time I want to log on.  

Ok. 

I definitely agree that having to go through the hoops to log in has been horrid.. I keep having a bunch of log in issues when I was creating my VCC booth as I had to keep toggling between my phone and computer and each time was plagued with not logged in and having to reset, log out, log in.. :facepalm:

On 10/29/2021 at 9:42 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Ok. 

I definitely agree that having to go through the hoops to log in has been horrid.. I keep having a bunch of log in issues when I was creating my VCC booth as I had to keep toggling between my phone and computer and each time was plagued with not logged in and having to reset, log out, log in.. :facepalm:

You know... I was going to honestly put up a modern Star Wars figure thing up... I cannot depend on the boards to work so... to facebook tonight it goes on this cold and rainy night.  

On 10/29/2021 at 8:44 PM, Buzzetta said:

You know... I was going to honestly put up a modern Star Wars figure thing up... I cannot depend on the boards to work so... to facebook tonight it goes on this cold and rainy night.  

Seems like the figures, cards and oddities sell better on FB and Instagram anyway..(shrug)

Good luck!

On 10/29/2021 at 9:51 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Seems like the figures, cards and oddities sell better on FB and Instagram anyway..(shrug)

Good luck!

They used to do well here.  I am always pretty cheap too. lol... Check out what I posted tonight and compare. 

On 10/29/2021 at 8:52 PM, Buzzetta said:

They used to do well here.  I am always pretty cheap too. lol... Check out what I posted tonight and compare. 

I always watch your sales threads. You definitely are cheap compared.  I am surprised that some of the items do not sell as I am sure you could move them to the other venues, mark them up, and still move them quickly.  

On 10/29/2021 at 10:01 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

I always watch your sales threads. You definitely are cheap compared.  I am surprised that some of the items do not sell as I am sure you could move them to the other venues, mark them up, and still move them quickly.  

I did that last Sunday night with Lego.  I removed some things from here and added six additional small sets.  Instantly generated $500 and made after fees the same as I would have on eBay... without having to deal with eBay

On 10/29/2021 at 9:07 PM, Buzzetta said:

I did that last Sunday night with Lego.  I removed some things from here and added six additional small sets.  Instantly generated $500 and made after fees the same as I would have on eBay... without having to deal with eBay

ActiveImaginativeHydatidtapeworm-small.gif.3b03842efd9f856b0b55507e18f8d405.gifgiphy-10.gif.8c9db8692f3484bd2346d7e7f239254e.gif

Is there a general place to post bugs found on the site?  One weird little issue that has always bothered me -- and it kinda shocks me nobody has fixed it all these years -- is that the letter dropdown in the registry set manager inexplicably puts the letters D, J, and T out of alphabetical order.  Makes no sense, and I imagine it would take less than a minute to fix.

image.png.8c04361d596c1c76dc20f3091c13fb6b.png

• Administrator
On 10/29/2021 at 11:53 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Is there a general place to post bugs found on the site?  One weird little issue that has always bothered me -- and it kinda shocks me nobody has fixed it all these years -- is that the letter dropdown in the registry set manager inexplicably puts the letters D, J, and T out of alphabetical order.  Makes no sense, and I imagine it would take less than a minute to fix.

image.png.8c04361d596c1c76dc20f3091c13fb6b.png

Strange...I'll get that fixed.