• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Charlie's Angels.

10 posts in this topic

When I was a kid growing up (1970s) in this tiny town in the woods in Virginia there was this country story where I would ride my bike to get a coke. One day I went and there was this old guy (probably in his 30s) sitting in a battered pick up gazing at his just-opened-pack of Charlie's Angels trading cards.

He was just staring at them and nervously thumbing thru them, licking his lips and smiling. I thought it odd and just stop and stared at him. He continued to do this until he noticed me looking at him. He smiled and said:

These girls are something else.

On 11/2/2021 at 4:16 PM, NoMan said:

When I was a kid growing up (1970s) in this tiny town in the woods in Virginia there was this country story where I would ride my bike to get a coke. One day I went and there was this old guy (probably in his 30s) sitting in a battered pick up gazing at his just-opened-pack of Charlie's Angels trading cards.

He was just staring at them and nervously thumbing thru them, licking his lips and smiling. I thought it odd and just stop and stared at him. He continued to do this until he noticed me looking at him. He smiled and said:

These girls are something else.

thewalkingdead6x12virginiaisforloverstshirt-1024x572.thumb.jpg.5bb61bb1439fe338387ee2d99dd50a37.jpg

On 11/2/2021 at 9:48 PM, grebal said:

external-content.duckduckgo_com.jpg.5a176d27d5a5a5d4dc448ba737754ef9.jpg

Lee Majors was the stud for a brief window back in those days.

And the moral majority nearly had a stroke at Farrah pic (I'm assuming).

An angel's charlies :cloud9:

On 11/2/2021 at 8:16 PM, NoMan said:

When I was a kid growing up (1970s) in this tiny town in the woods in Virginia there was this country story 

I know the one. The Zoom store on Fox Hill Road in Hampton. Even if it's a different one, it's the same one. 

You know, Farrah owned the rights to that poster and paid Pro Arts a commission to distribute it (usually the model got a fee, not the other way round).  She bought the swimsuit, did her own hair & make up and chose the final pic.  It sold over 6m copies in one year and she earned more money from that than Charlie's Angels. 

On 11/2/2021 at 7:51 PM, Malacoda said:

It sold over 6m copies in one year and she earned more money from that than Charlie's Angels. 

It can't be just a coincidence that it cost exactly that much ($6 million) to rebuild Farrah's husband after that horrible crash on reentry from space.