• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fan Expo Vancouver - February 19-21, 2022

19 posts in this topic

Catching up on announcements:

CELEBRITIES:

Ming-Na Wen

William Shatner

Kevin Smith

Jason Mewes

Jeff Anderson

Trevor Fehrman

Brian O'Halloran

Robert Englund

"Bubbles" Mike Smith

"Julian" John Paul Tremblay

"Ricky" Robb Wells

VOICE ACTORS

Sean Schemmel

Billy West

Ashley Eckstein

Justin Briner

Jason Liebrecht

Christopher Sabat

COMIC CREATORS

Ken Lashley

Brian Stelfreeze

Yanick Paquette

Tom Grummett

Chad Hardin

Ramon Perez

Peter Tomasi (tentative)

Ian Boothby

Ed Brisson

John Delaney

Francine Delgado

Max Dunbar

Randy Emberlin

John Gallagher

Pia Guerra

Colin Lorimer

Dave McCaig

Lonnie Nadler

Renee Nault

Andy Price (tentative)

Simon Roy

Stephen Sadowski

Jeremy Simser

Ken Steacy

Darcy Van Poelgeest

Doug Wheatley

plus

Verne Andru

Sheldon Bueckert

Jenna Cha

Lisa Larose

Leo Leibelman

Hugh Rookwood

Fabrice Sapolsky

Doug Savage

Lanna Souvanny 

John Ward

more to come

164241812_3786175098162639_8685997139122753727_n.jpg

Edited by Kevin Boyd

On 11/3/2021 at 5:06 PM, Kevin Boyd said:

Less than a week away and still no listing for the actual comic book retailers that will be attending this show since this is supposed to be a comic book convention to buy and sell comic books?  :facepalm:  :taptaptap:

On 2/13/2022 at 12:38 PM, lou_fine said:

Less than a week away and still no listing for the actual comic book retailers that will be attending this show?  :facepalm:  :taptaptap:

Comics Scene has 2 booths of which 1 will be comics, mags other will be anime, toys, Pokemon cards. Cdn Comics.net, Paul the presser, and Markus Comics all have econo tables so thank you Fan Expo for offering this option. Jigglypig has declined.

In the past, FEV flyers were always out at least 2 weeks before the Expo but I have not seen any locally yet. Although, there is strong Expo FB marketing the last week so let us hope for a great FEV.

On 2/13/2022 at 12:59 PM, aardvark88 said:

In the past, FEV flyers were always out at least 2 weeks before the Expo but I have not seen any locally yet. Although, there is strong Expo FB marketing the last week so let us hope for a great FEV.

Yeah, clicked onto the Exhibitors and Retailers of their attached link and all it shows is an application to apply to become a retailer and still no listing of the actual retailers to date.  doh!

Which kind of leads me to think that all of the comic book retailers are most likely holding out for the big comic book show scheduled for the PNE grounds the following Sunday on the 27th where they will have a lot less of the glitz and glam that buyers are trying to avoid nowadays where it's really no longer about the actual comic books themselves anymore. :p

On 2/13/2022 at 1:12 PM, lou_fine said:

clicked onto the Exhibitors and Retailers of their attached link and all it shows is an application to apply to become a retailer and still no listing of the actual retailers to date.  doh!

Which kind of leads me to think that all of the comic book retailers are most likely holding out for the big comic book show scheduled for the PNE grounds the following Sunday on the 27th  :p

Dearest @lou_fine: Recommend u scroll down a bit after u click on Expo's 'Exhibitors link,' as I see some corporate logos then a list of vendors with their booth or econo #'d table locations. Hoping for solid pop culture attendance at Fan Expo.

Eager for Beaver will be vending at the Sunday Feb. 27 show.

https://fanexpohq.com/fanexpovancouver/exhibitor-directory/

Not crazy about the way that page is formatted. Artist alley has more than 13 vendors... 

Vancouver is at 50% capacity limit, but the VCC doubled our space so we will have 100% capacity.

LOL Glitz and glam.... thanks for that, I haven't had a good laugh in a while.

COMICS PRO CREATOR SEATING - Pros are located around the perimeter of Artist Alley 

TABLE

Guest Name

P01

Sheldon Bueckert

P02

Hugh Rookwood

P03

John Ward

P04

Jules Midnight

P05

Randy Stone

P06

Leo Leibelman

P07

Anthony Ruttgaizer

P08/9

Ken Lashley

P10

Yanick Paquette

P11

David Dwonch

P12

Doug Savage

P13

Tim Jacobus

P14

Francine Delgado

P15/16

Chad Hardin

P17

Tom Grummett

P18

Renee Nault

P19

Darcy Van Poelgeest

P20

Matt Banning

P21

Dave  McCaig

P22

Dax Gordine

P23

Ramon Perez

P24

John Delaney

P25

Ian Boothby

P26

Pia Guerra

P27

Simon Roy

P28

Ed Brisson

P29

Marcelo Matere

P30

Casey Parsons

P31

Lonnie Nadler

P32

Jenna Cha

P33

Fabrice Sapolsky

P34

Stephen Sadowski

P35/36

Brian Stelfreeze

P37

Ken Steacy

P40

Jeremy Simser

P41/42

Douglas Wheatley

P43

Lanna  Souvanny

P44

Lisa LaRose

P45

Richard Fairgray

P46

Eddie Nunez

P47

Verne Andru

P48/49/50

John Gallagher

Nelsè Anthill Books and Comics has confirmed his 2 large booths at Fan Expo this weekend. Dr. Henry hath officially decreed that FULL capacity allowed for BC indoor public events like FEV and PNE show the following Sunday. Covid-19 vax I.D. and face masks are still mandatory per BC Health authority.

Much more crowded at FEV than I expected on day 1 Saturday. Saw a bit of advertising in the Georgia Straight listing. Lots of costume fun. Saw the Legend: @greggy, @fan_boy digging hard for comic wants. 1 way in, 1 way out to spread the Covid out of the large hall.

On 2/21/2022 at 12:20 AM, lou_fine said:

Any GA nuggets down at the con for reasonable prices or if there are any, are they asking like this is Crazy Town and not the real world?  hm

Saw a Timely at double guide which they usually trend for at any con. Bought a Mouse comic for double guide so I must be Krazy. Some pics on my IG here for Fan Expo Vancouver Sat. I know a USA collector and Wpg couple will be buying at next week's PNE show Sunday.

On 2/21/2022 at 7:43 AM, aardvark88 said:

Saw a Timely at double guide which they usually trend for at any con. Bought a Mouse comic for double guide so I must be Krazy.

Nah...........double guide for rarer obscure GA books that don't tend to show up on a regular basis, even though they are raw is still a lot lower multiple than what they would most probably sell for on the major comic book auction sites.  Congrats on your pickup here. :applause:

On 2/21/2022 at 7:43 AM, aardvark88 said:

I know a USA collector and Wpg couple will be buying at next week's PNE show Sunday.

Is it because they expect a bigger and better selection of books for next week or because they expect prices to be more reasonable?  hm

Edited by lou_fine

On 2/21/2022 at 9:17 AM, kimik said:

Has Greggy cleaned out all of the good books at the show yet?

I saw omniscient greggy scoop a whole one (1) semi-hot Modern Marvel #1 on the Saturday. Heard a rumour Todd made an unannounced visit to FEV on the Sunday so greggy missed getting his Spawn :shiftyeyes: #300 signed.

On 2/21/2022 at 5:38 PM, aardvark88 said:

I saw omniscient greggy scoop a whole one (1) semi-hot Modern Marvel #1 on the Saturday. 

I hope he paid full market for it. :baiting:

Edited by kimik