• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How 'bout a history lesson for the new guys.
6 6

252 posts in this topic

On 11/6/2021 at 7:17 AM, Bronty said:

Arch did confirm I was the first person on the comic part of the boards.    I used to have a snazzy custom title saying I was early to the party ;) before the boards migrated and that sort of stuff was lost.   Not sure on oldest

Well ,I just learned something. Not only is Bronty the oldest poster, but one of the nicest posters on the board.

On 11/6/2021 at 6:14 PM, Beige said:

I originally thought CapFreak may be back, but realised he's probably hit puberty now, so is out chasing girls or something.

It's like Shillicon Valley in here at the moment

:cheer:

I've said this 3 times now.  What a bunch of Debbie Downers around here.  Here's some advice sorely lacking on this forum . . . if you don't like a post or a thread IGNORE IT . . . and if you don't have anything nice to say why not try for once in your life to follow the simple advice of "Don't say anything". I know, I know . . . way to easy to put someone down on the web since its so anonymous and all that.  Sheesh.

On 11/6/2021 at 2:34 PM, Joe Peck said:

Anybody remember an outrageous price prediction that came true?

Sort of.

The guy who bought the first NM98 in 9.9.  I think he paid $15,000 or some outrageous price.  He took a bath in that once other 9.9's surfaced and then eventually the 10.

However he was correct that there would be a massive increase in price for the first appearance of Deadpool and that the price increase would steadily sustain itself.

I finally picked up two issues myself this year.  A raw 9.4 and a graded 9.6 cost under $1000 because I can no longer ignore that this poorly drawn issue, produced in a massive amount of numbers during the comics craze when everyone was bagging and boarding everything, of a character NEVER intended to be anything more than a C level villain in a B level book, continues to be popular amongst the masses. 

On 11/6/2021 at 9:14 PM, Beige said:

I originally thought CapFreak may be back, but realised he's probably hit puberty now, so is out chasing girls or something.

It's like Shillicon Valley in here at the moment

Well I will say this... 

If a certain someone who was banned comes back under yet ANOTHER moniker and interacts with a few of us here it would once again demonstrate how creepy they are and why they deserved to be banned to begin with and should be each and every time. 

If I was ever banned from here I would simply move on.  I call it the Costanza rule... 

On 11/6/2021 at 12:51 AM, Math Teacher said:

CGC can't identify pressing, but you can. I see.

When the press is done poorly, or on a book with defects that wont press out, you can often tell.  When the book is a good press candidate, and doesnt leave unusually flat creases or a smudged arrival date, no, you might not know for sure.