• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Bronze Age books have CGC 'classic cover' designation on the label?
3 3

77 posts in this topic

On 11/6/2021 at 1:04 AM, sagii said:

Unless people just aren't posting them it would appear that there aren't many from that era with the nod from CGC. 

I can't find many.

Seems they need to have a cool cover and nothing else to note on the label.

On 11/7/2021 at 1:18 AM, Readcomix said:

Speaking of the Mead covers… (yes, I am the original owner)

E79FD1AE-7D03-41C7-83DC-2CF96D934B99.jpeg

Nice! I wish I had mine. I do know the covers became separated on mine. I don’t recall the lack of accurate coloring on the six covers shown. On the individual pocket folders, they got the coloring mostly correct, but above? Where’s the blue background on the FF? Where’s the yellow background on Cap 193?  hm

On 11/7/2021 at 7:28 AM, PopKulture said:

Nice! I wish I had mine. I do know the covers became separated on mine. I don’t recall the lack of accurate coloring on the six covers shown. On the individual pocket folders, they got the coloring mostly correct, but above? Where’s the blue background on the FF? Where’s the yellow background on Cap 193?  hm

Likewise, I had the ASM 135 on a 3-ring binder and loved it.  I can't remember if it had the funky white spider or the correct black one.

On 11/7/2021 at 8:28 AM, PopKulture said:

I think they changed  those backgrounds because the covers themselves are on that light blue background. (shrug)

On 11/7/2021 at 7:49 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

@kav speaking of Kirby and classic covers :341807820_celebrationemoji: I have this one! I like it a lot :x

3453519_Full_Obv.jpg

nice.  my earliest thor into mystery is 93.

On 11/7/2021 at 9:51 PM, kav said:

nice.  my earliest thor into mystery is 93.

I agree on your theory on Kirby and thor, his 2nd appearance in low grade wasn't even all that much (relatively) in 2016-17! I realized too late by weeks, even passed on a low grade copy, went back and it was gone lol

Life happens 

On 11/7/2021 at 7:55 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I agree on your theory on Kirby and thor, his 2nd appearance in low grade wasn't even all that much (relatively) in 2016-17! I realized too late by weeks, even passed on a low grade copy, went back and it was gone lol

Life happens 

I was buying kirbys in lots at like $5-$10 per book like mad back then.  They have exploded.  Books i bought for $10 have sold for $350.  All I can say is wish I had bought more.  But i got a lot.

On 11/7/2021 at 9:57 PM, kav said:

I was buying kirbys in lots at like $5-$10 per book like mad back then.  They have exploded.  Books i bought for $10 have sold for $350.  All I can say is wish I had bought more.  But i got a lot.

^^