• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do alot of people on here use GPA?

26 posts in this topic

The $10/month you spend on GPA can more than pay for itself in a single purchase. Heck, it's paid for itself for the next 10 years for me.

I so agree with your comment. GPA has saved my tail in some crummy deals. Its well worth the money.

It should be stressed that the prices recorded on GPA are closing bid prices, and not actual dollar amounts paid for an item. For instance, I was the highest bidder on an ASM#14, CGC 7.0, $530.34(see link below). The average 12 month 'closing price' for this issue in this condition is (18) $823.97. GPA recorded the closing price shortly after the close of the auction, along with a red down arrow next to the price.

However, I bid on the item knowing that the auction was a fraud. The seller was from Brazil and was giving very questionable answers to questions regarding the authenticity of the CGC comic. Specifically, he gave me an invalid Serial #. At the same time, he had several other phoney CGC comics that were sold on eBay. He quickly had several fraud charges filed against him by me and other eBay members; and was banned from eBay.

Where the other fraudulant CGC Comic listings that closed on eBay posted on GPA?

I personally did not check, but I suspect they did.

I use GPA for all my purchasing decisions. I use it as a 'closing bid' price and not an actual dollar amount paid tool.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...671332&rd=1

It should be stressed that the prices recorded on GPA are closing bid prices, and not actual dollar amounts paid for an item. For instance, I was the highest bidder on an ASM#14, CGC 7.0, $530.34(see link below). The average 12 month 'closing price' for this issue in this condition is (18) $823.97. GPA recorded the closing price shortly after the close of the auction, along with a red down arrow next to the price.

However, I bid on the item knowing that the auction was a fraud. The seller was from Brazil and was giving very questionable answers to questions regarding the authenticity of the CGC comic. Specifically, he gave me an invalid Serial #. At the same time, he had several other phoney CGC comics that were sold on eBay. He quickly had several fraud charges filed against him by me and other eBay members; and was banned from eBay.

Where the other fraudulant CGC Comic listings that closed on eBay posted on GPA?

I personally did not check, but I suspect they did.

I use GPA for all my purchasing decisions. I use it as a 'closing bid' price and not an actual dollar amount paid tool.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...671332&rd=1

Maybe you haven't looked through the database as much as I have, but GPA OFTEN flags suspicious auctions.