• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do alot of people on here use GPA?

26 posts in this topic

I'm afraid that GPA is not a search tool for active auctions, but a database for completed sales on ebay, Heritage and from other participating dealers.

I use it constantly as it does give me an up to the minute FMV on most CGC books (especially Silver and Bronze). These days it is as invaluable a resource as Overstreet, as it offers so much information on actual sales. The benefit is that in most cases the info available is more accurate than the price guide - and if you're buying CGC books, it's almost essential.

I'm afraid that GPA is not a search tool for active auctions, but a database for completed sales on ebay, Heritage and from other participating dealers.

Just to clarify, putting aside eBay which runs auctions of all durations/listing times, you can search current live auctions from the other major auction houses (namely Heritage, Hakes, Vault, Mastronet, and All Star) through our Live Auctions page http://www.gpanalysis.com/currentauctions.aspx. It can be anywhere between a couple of hours and 24 hours before a just-released auction sale is included. The benefit is that you can quickly identify CGC books currently offered through live online auctions and link directly to those auctions for bidding.

Cheers

George

You know how it is I dont read the instructions until I break it!

If you can try and figure out a way to put together a system that alerts you when books that people have on their watch list become available I will buy you dinner at McDonalds.

done insane.gif

seriously, that's not a difficult thing and something we have thought about doing, Maybe in the next major update.

If I want a comic, I just buy it. I probably do overpay for some comics, but I will surely get gpa when or If, I ever sell my collection off.

I agree. Even though, as cheap as I am, I still will probably fork over the cash to use GPA at some point. It's a great tool...and I use the free version sometimes to get a general idea of what non-"hot" books sold for a few years ago.

You know how it is I dont read the instructions until I break it!

If you can try and figure out a way to put together a system that alerts you when books that people have on their watch list become available I will buy you dinner at McDonalds.

done insane.gif

seriously, that's not a difficult thing and something we have thought about doing, Maybe in the next major update.

PM sent. also....

I think another important feature is page quality. The average numbers can be mis leading as PG plays a large role on FMV of a hi end book.