• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shoggoth's Old Peculiar by Neil Gaiman - will CGC grade this?

6 posts in this topic

Hello - I am wondering if CGC will grade my copy of Shoggoth's Old Peculiar by Neil Gaiman, 2004. I was not able to find any on the census. It's 5.5" x 8.5", 38 pages, similar to Ashcan size. Here is a link to the mycomicshop item: https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=22780903

Thank you in advance for your help and advice. All the best

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thanks for your message.  Our graders would have to see the book in person to be sure but generally, we can grade something like this as long as it fits within the dimensions of our holders.  The maximum size we can accommodate would be:

• 11-1/2” tall
  • 8-7/8” wide
  • 1/2” thick

Thank you!

On 11/10/2021 at 8:04 AM, Jennifer F. said:

Good morning,

Thanks for your message.  Our graders would have to see the book in person to be sure but generally, we can grade something like this as long as it fits within the dimensions of our holders.  The maximum size we can accommodate would be:

• 11-1/2” tall
  • 8-7/8” wide
  • 1/2” thick

Thank you!

Jennifer I had emailed CGC and they told me the thickest they could handle was a 1/4 inch so which is it. That was an email from someone named Dean martin.

• Administrator

Hello,

We have two different types of holders.  Comic and magazine.  Your book might be too big for a comic size but still fit in the magazine size holder. The maximum size for a comic sized holder is:

• 10-1/2” tall
  • 7-5/8” wide
  • 1/4” thick

However, if your book is larger than those dimensions but still within the magazine dimensions (listed in my previous message) then we can do it, it will just be put into the magazine sized holder instead. 

Thanks!

On 11/10/2021 at 8:04 AM, Jennifer F. said:

Good morning,

• 11-1/2” tall
  • 8-7/8” wide
  • 1/2” thick

Thank you!

Thanks Jennifer. Yes, it's right around the size of a regular comic ashcan and well within all those dimensions. Thanks for your help!