• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Spider-Man vs Wolverine - Grade is in!
4 4

14 posts in this topic

Books like this are tough. The back cover crease is pressable. A lot of the grade here comes down to whether one or both corners are given a pass a manufacturing defects/bindery tears rather than post-manufacturing wear.

I'm going to go 8.5 here also, because I think the bottom of the spine, in particular, is going to get graded down because of the apparent paper loss.

On 11/14/2021 at 5:31 PM, Galen130 said:

Those spine corners....:ohnoez:

A press wouldn't hurt...8.5.

On 11/14/2021 at 8:14 PM, Qalyar said:

Books like this are tough. The back cover crease is pressable. A lot of the grade here comes down to whether one or both corners are given a pass a manufacturing defects/bindery tears rather than post-manufacturing wear.

I'm going to go 8.5 here also, because I think the bottom of the spine, in particular, is going to get graded down because of the apparent paper loss.

On 11/17/2021 at 1:54 PM, bayesian_acolyte said:

The spine corners seem like pretty clear manufacturing bindery tears to me. I've seen multiple 9.8s with similar corners and I don't think you get knocked for them at all. Also the crease on the back should easily press out.

I'll be a major outlier here and say 9.6 post-press.

Not an outlier :)

As is, 9.2 from me. Press that bend out for a 9.4 and possible 9.6

Y'all touting less are roughhhhhhh 

On 2/26/2022 at 12:26 PM, AhsokaTano Jedi Apprentice said:

This is the new norm now......they hand out 9.8's.....did you press it ?

I did press it on my own. The crease did press out. I'm assuming the corners are considered bindery tears.