• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mixed Silver, Bronze, Copper & Modern. All raw books. Some keys. Some run filler. Some sweet. Some... not. Recap on PG 1 [FF 67 now up]
18 18

419 posts in this topic

One set for this morning:

Jungle Action 5, 6, 8, 14, 17

#5 (6.5) - Solid copy with lighter overall wear. Spine has 4 light bends & ticks. All corners are slightly soft, with the LRC having a small corner crease. Tiny thumb/reader crease, mid-open edge front cover. Light soiling, top edge.
Back cover has a corner crease, LLC. ULC has 2 light bends. Spine has some light bends toward the top half and then light soiling upper half as well. Book feels great in-hand.

#6 (4.0) - Spine has several bends and color-breaking ticks. Corners are all soft. Some light color-rubbing/loss on the edges. 2 chips out top edge. Bend in Killmonger's left arm. LRC has a diagonal crease. Back cover has a small chip out of the top edge. Moderate soiling. There's staining from moisture in the mid-spine area, and then two areas along the bottom edge of the cover. Staining appears to be localized to the cover, and not into the pages. Solid book, but accumulation of a lot of smaller defects, plus the stains bring it way down.

#8 (7.5) - Nice copy. Killer double-page spread & origin story. Has Wakanda map - sweet stuff. Slightly soft corners. A couple of light spine bends. Back cover is very clean, with very light edge wear. Top half of book looks more cream-color in appearance than lower half. Some light soiling on the spine edge.

#14 (8.5) - Sweet Billy Graham art. Spine has 3 small, light spine ticks and a few light bends. Open edge, middle has a very small tear and bend (probably from a bundle strap). LRC has a small corner crease. Back cover has very light edge wear, and some very light edge soiling.

#17 (7.5) - Killer Billy Graham art throughout, including double-page spreads. Very nice gloss & color strike. Spine has about a half-dozen light spine ticks and bends. All corners are slightly soft. Some very light edge wear.
Back cover has a small dirt/soil spot near the top edge. A few light spine bends. Printer's crease, ULC area. 2 pin-dot soil/dirt marks toward the LLC area.
=====================

Asking Price: How about $225

Jungle Action 5-front.jpg

Jungle Action 5-back.jpg

Jungle Action 6-front.jpg

Jungle Action 6-back.jpg

Jungle Action 8-front.jpg

Jungle Action 14-front.jpg

Jungle Action 17-front.jpg

On 2/13/2022 at 10:37 AM, HighVoltage said:

One set for this morning:

Jungle Action 5, 6, 8, 14, 17

#5 (6.5) - Solid copy with lighter overall wear. Spine has 4 light bends & ticks. All corners are slightly soft, with the LRC having a small corner crease. Tiny thumb/reader crease, mid-open edge front cover. Light soiling, top edge.
Back cover has a corner crease, LLC. ULC has 2 light bends. Spine has some light bends toward the top half and then light soiling upper half as well. Book feels great in-hand.

#6 (4.0) - Spine has several bends and color-breaking ticks. Corners are all soft. Some light color-rubbing/loss on the edges. 2 chips out top edge. Bend in Killmonger's left arm. LRC has a diagonal crease. Back cover has a small chip out of the top edge. Moderate soiling. There's staining from moisture in the mid-spine area, and then two areas along the bottom edge of the cover. Staining appears to be localized to the cover, and not into the pages. Solid book, but accumulation of a lot of smaller defects, plus the stains bring it way down.

#8 (7.5) - Nice copy. Killer double-page spread & origin story. Has Wakanda map - sweet stuff. Slightly soft corners. A couple of light spine bends. Back cover is very clean, with very light edge wear. Top half of book looks more cream-color in appearance than lower half. Some light soiling on the spine edge.

#14 (8.5) - Sweet Billy Graham art. Spine has 3 small, light spine ticks and a few light bends. Open edge, middle has a very small tear and bend (probably from a bundle strap). LRC has a small corner crease. Back cover has very light edge wear, and some very light edge soiling.

#17 (7.5) - Killer Billy Graham art throughout, including double-page spreads. Very nice gloss & color strike. Spine has about a half-dozen light spine ticks and bends. All corners are slightly soft. Some very light edge wear.
Back cover has a small dirt/soil spot near the top edge. A few light spine bends. Printer's crease, ULC area. 2 pin-dot soil/dirt marks toward the LLC area.
=====================

Asking Price: How about $225

Jungle Action 5-front.jpg

Jungle Action 5-back.jpg

Jungle Action 6-front.jpg

Jungle Action 6-back.jpg

Jungle Action 8-front.jpg

Jungle Action 14-front.jpg

Jungle Action 17-front.jpg

Take

On 12/27/2021 at 8:58 AM, HighVoltage said:

Nova [Set]     1(7.5), 25(9.2)
Asking Price:  $115

#1: Spine has about 6 spine ticks that break color. Two more prominent bends just below the top staple along the spine edge (typical from a spinner rack). Spine corners slightly soft. Top edge has some light color rubbing and another color-breaking edge crease. Bottom edge has a light diagonal bend that goes up under Nova’s right leg for about 1”. Back cover, top edge and spine have some light bends and ticks, but not color-breaking. Lower open edge has a small spot of waviness, but no evidence of moisture. Perhaps a reader had sweaty fingers.

#25: Nice copy. Very small corner crease, URC of front cover. All corners, minimally soft. Not 9.4+ sharp.
Back cover has a light crescent bend, bottom edge, and a pencil-tip size impact ding in the green block to the right of the Battlestar Galactica shirt image.

Nova 1-front.jpg

Nova 1-back.jpg

Nova 25-front.jpg

Nova 25-back.jpg

:takeit: per PM thx

On 2/22/2022 at 8:20 PM, NikoSleeps1991 said:

Haven’t heard from HighVoltage in a while (over 2 weeks). I claimed the BA12… anybody hear from him? Not trying to shake in my boots but I just want to see if anybody else has heard from the guy if he’s just really busy or something along those lines.

I think he said he had a few more books to put out but was going to be busy for a few days. It seems like its turned into longer but I'm sure he'll be back soon to collect our money.  :bigsmile:

Anyone here knows what is going on with HighVoltage? 

I paid the guy on 02/10/22 for his Crow books and I still haven't heard anything back from the guy. Although the purchase is not that much, but it is the principle and trust that matters. I don't want to make a big deal out of this and place him on a Hall of Shame as I did with another seller in the past, should I just wait a few more weeks before I take action? I like to give this guy the benefit of the doubt, but at this point I am a little bit worried. 

On 2/28/2022 at 3:12 PM, danchoi03 said:

Anyone here knows what is going on with HighVoltage? 

I paid the guy on 02/10/22 for his Crow books and I still haven't heard anything back from the guy. Although the purchase is not that much, but it is the principle and trust that matters. I don't want to make a big deal out of this and place him on a Hall of Shame as I did with another seller in the past, should I just wait a few more weeks before I take action? I like to give this guy the benefit of the doubt, but at this point I am a little bit worried. 

I got a book from this thread early on and received it no problem.  I saw this so I tried to send him a heads up using his PayPal email, but the email came back as undeliverable.  I hope everything is OK with Jeff!

On 3/1/2022 at 9:06 PM, Pontoon said:

I asked for an invoice for my purchase in early February, heard right back, paid and received my book with no problems. Jeff has been on the boards a long time and has never struck me as someone who wasn't trustworthy.

Just to clarify, you asked for the invoice in early February or you did so recently for books you claimed in early Feb? Would be good if someone can verify they've heard from him recently, is all I mean by asking.

On 3/1/2022 at 9:44 PM, speedcake said:

Just to clarify, you asked for the invoice in early February or you did so recently for books you claimed in early Feb? Would be good if someone can verify they've heard from him recently, is all I mean by asking.

In early February, I asked for an invoice for a book I had purchased earlier. I promptly received a reply, paid, and received the item. My last PM with Jeff was February 7th.

I don't want to be a middleman or disclose private information, but he did mention at that time he had been dealing with a concussion. I would be inclined to believe he is having personal difficulties right now as opposed to attempting something nefarious.

On 3/2/2022 at 9:06 AM, littledoom said:

I’ve waited months for orders on the CGC threads. It’s no issue to me. I’m a no rush type of buyer. There’s comics I’ve claimed in Voltage’s sales thread months ago in November last year. I’m ok waiting

Same boat...and, I just hope he's okay. He really has had some amazingly bad luck during the thread. 

On 3/2/2022 at 7:48 AM, Pontoon said:

In early February, I asked for an invoice for a book I had purchased earlier. I promptly received a reply, paid, and received the item. My last PM with Jeff was February 7th.

I don't want to be a middleman or disclose private information, but he did mention at that time he had been dealing with a concussion. I would be inclined to believe he is having personal difficulties right now as opposed to attempting something nefarious.

I believe he mentioned unexpected health issues before he even finished the thread. I know last January when I had Covid I didn't sell one book for over a month... I was death warmed over. Going to a Hospital for a concussion is a great way to pick up a case of Covid too. GOD BLESS.... 

jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu