• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books added: SGT FURY #1 FF#4, FF#5, FF#6, FF#49, FF#50
1 1

22 posts in this topic

Please “PM” for all transactions.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Sales are not open to members on Probation or in HOS.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Accepted Payment:  Wire Transfer, or Check.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Payment to be made upon sold notification.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Shipping:  $20.00 via USPS Priority Mail.  Insurance is additional.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   Books will be shipped after confirmation of cleared payment.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            No returns on Graded books.

Lower Prices on FF #4,  FF#6,  FF #50

SGT FURY #1  CGC 3.0 ow-w pages   $1475  sale Pending

IMG_3366.thumb.JPG.3ca4297fca8299a6e4f277b0811fb8a2.JPGIMG_3365.thumb.JPG.e49e32f986d0be76a830070e2d44d7b3.JPG

FANTASTIC FOUR #4  CGC .5 OW-W PAGES  SOLD

Fantastic Four #4  back cover.JPG

Fantastic Four #4 .5 ow-w.JPG

FANTASTIC FOUR #5  CGC 2.0 OW-W PAGES    For Sale:   $6650  sale pending

Fantastic Four #5  back cover.JPG

Fantastic Four #5 2.0 ow-w.JPG

FANTASTIC FOUR #6 CGC 2.5 OW-W PAGES  SOLD

1683971062_FF6.thumb.JPG.f4b8c324ec97ada65359e9ed8a1f77f5.JPG

Fantastic Four #6 back cover.JPG

FANTASTIC FOUR #49  CGC 4.0 OW-W PAGES   $975  sale pending

IMG_3316.thumb.JPG.5a73da54bd5f44f62c5a5181a783385e.JPG

FANTASTIC FOUR #50  CGC 3.0 OW PAGES   $340   now $300

IMG_3318.thumb.JPG.cd3d9a2e2b15d446e2b277d6e7c7b6fb.JPG

IMG_3317.JPG

Edited by StevoR
FF 5 available for sale

On 11/17/2021 at 3:32 PM, vaillant said:

Hi, can I ask you a thing? Why the FF #4 has been graded as a Blue label if it is incomplete? I thought these would get a different color (Green?), did they change policy?
Great books, anyway!

Hey Vaillant!  You bring up a great question.  I submitted the book to CGC "blindly" meaning that I did not scrutinize the book prior to submittal.  I've owned the book since 1964.   Since the book is now slabbed, I'm not sure how much of p.12 is missing.  It would seem that there are two sides to each page, and if p.12 was the advertising/coupon page, I'm left wondering what was printed on p.13????  This leads me to question whether the story is in fact affected by a missing p.13?   Any help to clarify this from board members would be much appreciated (ie if someone with an unslabbed FF #4 could take a look)?    

Another thought, what is a typical $ discount for an incomplete book?  

On 11/17/2021 at 10:19 PM, StevoR said:

Hey Vaillant!  You bring up a great question.  I submitted the book to CGC "blindly" meaning that I did not scrutinize the book prior to submittal.  I've owned the book since 1964.   Since the book is now slabbed, I'm not sure how much of p.12 is missing.  It would seem that there are two sides to each page, and if p.12 was the advertising/coupon page, I'm left wondering what was printed on p.13????  This leads me to question whether the story is in fact affected by a missing p.13?   Any help to clarify this from board members would be much appreciated (ie if someone with an unslabbed FF #4 could take a look)?    

It says it does not affect story, so probably the pin-up page had an ad page or something like that on the other side.
I am a bit sad, as #4 was the only issue I was missing, aside from #1. I suspected it could have "exploded" but not in this way. It took just a few years off collecting to have the early FF skyrocket.
Now not only #1 is out of reach for me, but #4 as well. :(

On 11/17/2021 at 11:37 PM, Jmew23 said:

Plz confirm grade plz; you said 3.0, but your post is 4.0

On 11/18/2021 at 7:38 AM, A.K. - SilverAgeComicsUK said:

I’ve got $2400 cash or $2700 trade on this beautiful MMC if it interests you I’d do a 1-1 trade. I have plenty of references 

46287EB2-2441-4C49-B365-39C270CBB0CA.jpeg

On 11/17/2021 at 7:21 PM, Math Teacher said:

Noted. Thank you.

Hello Math Teacher,

I have 9 of the books you've listed as needing to fill your runs:  FF 6, 11, 13;    ASM 12;   DD 5, 6, 8, 9, 10.  Please let me know if you're interested.  Hope you don't feel I've been intrusive to your threads.  Best Regards,  Steve

On 11/17/2021 at 3:32 PM, vaillant said:

Hi, can I ask you a thing? Why the FF #4 has been graded as a Blue label if it is incomplete? I thought these would get a different color (Green?), did they change policy?
Great books, anyway!

The key that it was actually meant to be designated a Universal blue label book is in the lower case note on the label (the word incomplete should always appear in capitals, however). Qualified books should always have the label note written in capital letters. And it's also possible for a book graded .5 to get a Qualified label if it has more than one major flaw...  :gossip:

On 11/17/2021 at 4:19 PM, StevoR said:

Page 12 is one of the most common missing pages for early Silver Age Marvels...usually because it's a pin-up page. The other side will typically be an ad page...

Edited by The Lions Den

On 11/18/2021 at 3:40 PM, The Lions Den said:

The key that it was actually meant to be designated a Universal blue label book is in the lower case note on the label (the word incomplete should always appear in capitals, however). Qualified books should always have the label note written in capital letters. And it's also possible for a book graded .5 to get a Qualified label if it has more than one major flaw...  :gossip:

Page 12 is one of the most common missing pages for early Silver Age Marvels...usually because it's a pin-up page. The other side will typically be an ad page...

Just wondering if this affects the asking price for a .5 book relative to current FMV?

On 11/18/2021 at 4:00 PM, StevoR said:

Just wondering if this affects the asking price for a .5 book relative to current FMV?

I would think so. Most collectors I know want complete, unrestored books, but there are some that will buy a certain book just to have a copy of it...  hm

On 11/18/2021 at 9:40 PM, The Lions Den said:

I understand this but, honestly, it makes things confusing. It would have been a lot better to grade all the incomplete books as Green label books.

On 11/18/2021 at 7:53 AM, StevoR said:

Hello Math Teacher,

I have 9 of the books you've listed as needing to fill your runs:  FF 6, 11, 13;    ASM 12;   DD 5, 6, 8, 9, 10.  Please let me know if you're interested.  Hope you don't feel I've been intrusive to your threads.  Best Regards,  Steve

The only book that I want to replace is FF #6, as my copy is restored. I already own every other book I listed; I just need to get them into slabs.

Here is my goal: ASM #1 - #20, FF #1 - #20, DD #1 - #10 into slabs. I already have X-Men #1 - #16 and Avengers #1 - #16 in slabs.

I really just have made my original post more clear.