• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your Vote Matters: Vote to split Forum Only Selling Gold/Silver/Bronze to Gold Selling and Silver/Bronze Selling separately. PLEASE VOTE!
3 3

73 posts in this topic

On 11/28/2021 at 10:16 AM, october said:

If you want to reduce the number of people selling and the number of books listed, split it into as many forums as possible. I sell a lot of stuff here and it would be a serious pain doing one thread for gold, one for silver, etc...and the mixed forum doesn't get enough views. Not sure if anyone else has noticed, but the marketplace is already a pale shadow of what it one was, for a variety of reasons (alternate venues, over moderation, decrease in board traffic in general). Making it more annoying for sellers is not a good way to reverse that trend

Hard no from me.

On 11/28/2021 at 10:19 AM, pmWolf said:

I agree with everything October said. 

Hard no from me, too. 

I agree. I have too few Golden books.  I prefer to throw mine into Golden/Silver/Bronze together where we have 1.2 million views in compare to Copper/Modern with only 500K views.  My books rarely were sold in Copper/Modern.

My Opinion, For Sale Threads should be:

1930's
1940's
1950's
1960's
1970's
1980's
1990's
2000's
2010-Present

By decade it's so much easier - Just go by Month/Year in indicia or on front of slab.

Edited by MAR1979

On 11/28/2021 at 12:55 PM, Poekaymon said:

This is my worst nightmare.

If so you apparently are living a great life - congrats.

I don't sell comics so I've no skin in that game however as buyer I look at the mess the classifieds are here coupled with a lack of any decent search appliance and I usually give up after a few minutes. [sarcasm on] But as long as its easier for a seller rather than a buyer looking to spend money [/sarcasm]

Edited by MAR1979

On 11/28/2021 at 9:50 AM, MAR1979 said:

My Opinion, For Sale Threads should be:

1930's
1940's
1950's
1960's
1970's
1980's
1990's
2000's
2010-Present

By decade it's so much easier - Just go by Month/Year in indicia or on front of slab.

As a buyer or a seller?

Can you imagine the amount of effort required for a seller to run a sales thread that spanned say 1950s - present with your suggested categories?

As a buyer, I do understand extra categorization may be helpful but there has to be a balance in which keeps buyer / seller in a happy medium. Maybe we already have that, I don't know :)

On 11/28/2021 at 12:57 PM, 707comics said:

As a buyer or a seller?

Can you imagine the amount of effort required for a seller to run a sales thread that spanned say 1950s - present with your suggested categories?

As a buyer, I do understand extra categorization may be helpful but there has to be a balance in which keeps buyer / seller in a happy medium. Maybe we already have that, I don't know :)

On 11/28/2021 at 1:01 PM, KCOComics said:

I echo @october

Please don't make it harder for people to sell here. 

IMHO a business model that makes it easier on a seller to list rather than a buyer to find and purchase is business model that is flawed!

Ideally of course both would be simple, easy and fast.

Edited by MAR1979

On 11/28/2021 at 9:45 AM, Forbush-Man said:

We had a burger place in town for a year or so that made GREAT burgers!  They did not serve french fries .... only potato chips. 

The owner HATED when people asked why they didn't have / serve french fries.  He hated it even more when people would bring their own French Fries in with them to eat.

They are no longer in business.

On 11/28/2021 at 10:03 AM, MAR1979 said:

IMHO a business model that makes it easier on a seller to list rather than a buyer to find and purchase is business model that is flawed!

Ideally of course both would be simple, easy and fast.

I guess we could argue that one either way :)

I think we agree though. As i said in my post there has to be a balance that is struck ... maybe we already have that even if it does not meet all of our individual needs 100% :)