• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spider-Verse Movie Bump(s).

15 posts in this topic

Hello all!

Teaser for Spiderverse 2 looks excellent. Very cool to see the animated side getting as much love as the live action side. The 2099 tease was awesome, and I have to wonder how Spider-Man 2099 is going to bump as a result. Same with any other characters introduced in the film; assuming Silk, Spider-Woman, or others find their way on screen. 

Thoughts?

On 12/5/2021 at 8:28 PM, BabaLament said:

Hello all!

Teaser for Spiderverse 2 looks excellent. Very cool to see the animated side getting as much love as the live action side. The 2099 tease was awesome, and I have to wonder how Spider-Man 2099 is going to bump as a result. Same with any other characters introduced in the film; assuming Silk, Spider-Woman, or others find their way on screen. 

Thoughts?

None of this stuff is appealing. Spider-Man with the bug eye's and his kicks bro!, Spider-Gwen, Red Goblin, 2099, etc. Marvel is desperate to toss something at the wall and hope it sticks.

On 12/7/2021 at 6:53 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Not all of us spend our money on spec dreck.

Exactly! Why would I go onto eBay and pay inflated prices for an ASM #365 when I can go out and find one for under $20? 

It’s also not even speculation since he was confirmed to appear in the next movie ever since he showed up in the post-credit scene for Into the Spider-Verse. lol

On 12/7/2021 at 10:10 AM, Terry JSA said:

Exactly! Why would I go onto eBay and pay inflated prices for an ASM #365 when I can go out and find one for under $20? 

It’s also not even speculation since he was confirmed to appear in the next movie ever since he showed up in the post-credit scene for Into the Spider-Verse. lol

I generally refer to "spec dreck" as dreck you buy speculating that it will become exponentially more valuable.

I don’t understand why people buy books they aren’t interested in reading. 

Furthermore, why are people more interested in spending even more money on things they definitely won’t read?

What I find most sad is that comic sales are at an all time low, meanwhile half the comic population are just buying books to sit on. 

So how many people out there are reading them all?

2?

On 12/7/2021 at 7:33 AM, D2 said:

I don’t understand why people buy books they aren’t interested in reading. 

Furthermore, why are people more interested in spending even more money on things they definitely won’t read?

What I find most sad is that comic sales are at an all time low, meanwhile half the comic population are just buying books to sit on. 

So how many people out there are reading them all?

2?

I read all my books before I buy them. I am like @kav if I don't like the ASM 192 content, just chuck it at the wall lol

On 12/7/2021 at 6:09 AM, BigLeagueCHEW said:

None of this stuff is appealing. Spider-Man with the bug eye's and his kicks bro!, Spider-Gwen, Red Goblin, 2099, etc. Marvel is desperate to toss something at the wall and hope it sticks.

Marvel has been highly successful with their cinema for quite a while now. I somehow doubt they are desperately hoping something sticks. Sony has wanted to expand the spider verse and I'm not sure how one would do that without adding other spider men. As for the first movie I thought it was quite good and creatively different from other Marvel films.