• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just got my first comics graded and have a question...

6 posts in this topic

Is there any way to get an explanation of why a comic got the grade it did.

I had 3 comics graded and totally agreed with 2 of them. I had another early Silver key that came back with "White Pages" and was graded 8.0. I really expected it to be higher. Does CGC have notes or something like that available that would identify any defects I missed?

I had 3 comics graded and totally agreed with 2 of them. I had another early Silver key that came back with "White Pages" and was graded 8.0. I really expected it to be higher. Does CGC have notes or something like that available that would identify any defects I missed?

Could ya tell us what books and grades?

Now that I read this, I'm dying to know... frustrated.gif

Also post some scans if you can.

You can upload up to a 200KB scan right here.

Actually, for the kind of info you want, the answer is likely to be no.

You can call CGC and get the graders notes, but they're usually quite bland. They will point out if there is something significant on a book, but they won't tell you how the grade was arrived at.

What you really need is a copy of their grading standards (ie: what makes an 8.0 an 8.0 and how much do we routinely deduct for this particular fault). Unfortunately, these are stuck in the briefcase with the formula for Coca Cola and the only other known copy is in the library of Satanic books that the Vatican possesses.

What you really need is a copy of their grading standards (ie: what makes an 8.0 an 8.0 and how much do we routinely deduct for this particular fault). Unfortunately, these are stuck in the briefcase with the formula for Coca Cola and the only other known copy is in the library of Satanic books that the Vatican possesses.

I can hear Steve B now "So thats where I left it" insane.gif

I can hear Steve B now "So thats where I left it" insane.gif

Watch out that could be taken as libel! 893naughty-thumb.gif