• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1st Print Death Of Superman 75
1 1

10 posts in this topic

That depends solely on grade. Here is current GPA for them. 

20211206_232542.thumb.jpg.ee3de1696abf3b8fe8b7d1fd23c806bd.jpg

I just sold one of my 1st print newsstand through MCS for $160 even though current GPA has been around $200 as I have several copies and turns out it was to another board member. 

The price has been decently steady at these prices.  The Platinum has come down a bit from its height, but the rest have maintained.  

Would I send this book all by itself? No. If you are adding books to a submission, then I would look over ( and through) it carefully and make sure it is a 9.6+ 

On 12/7/2021 at 12:01 AM, Terry JSA said:

The book sold over six million copies and caused the comic market to crash in the 1990’s because people thought it would become the next Action Comics #1. 

In other words, there’s not that much value to it. 

Come on!  Deathmate deserves some credit too!  "Their Love Will Destroy An Industry!"  (:

On 12/7/2021 at 7:14 AM, Amandro007 said:

Anyone know what’s the worth of this?  I have to have it certified. But it appears to be mint 

It's not worth much, and not to be rude, but are we talking about 'an experienced eye' mint, or 'but I saw TWO episodes of Pawn Stars' mint? There's a biiiig difference. 

On 12/6/2021 at 4:14 PM, Amandro007 said:

Anyone know what’s the worth of this?  I have to have it certified. But it appears to be mint 

If it's truly "mint", aka a 9.9, then it would be worth a decent amount. I am doubtful that your copy is in truly Mint condition, though.

If it's in anything less than true Mint condition, then I do not think it's worth having certified.

On 12/7/2021 at 2:06 AM, Coverless 9.8 said:
On 12/6/2021 at 11:01 PM, Terry JSA said:

The book sold over six million copies and caused the comic market to crash in the 1990’s because people thought it would become the next Action Comics #1. 

In other words, there’s not that much value to it. 

Come on!  Deathmate deserves some credit too!  "Their Love Will Destroy An Industry!"  (:

Adventures of Superman #500 was the book that killed the industry (white bag).

Superman #75 (black bag) sold well, but the height (and fall) were about 6 to 12 months later.

Deathmate (the Image side) was late (like everything else Image published), so I agree Deathmate was to blame... but Valiant's half was on time. lol

On 12/7/2021 at 2:06 PM, valiantman said:

Adventures of Superman #500 was the book that killed the industry (white bag).

Superman #75 (black bag) sold well, but the height (and fall) were about 6 to 12 months later.

Deathmate (the Image side) was late (like everything else Image published), so I agree Deathmate was to blame... but Valiant's half was on time. lol

If only they brought him back as a zombie, they may have been ahead of the curve..