• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sony's VENOM 3 starring Tom Hardy (2024)
2 2

94 posts in this topic

The latest installment in Columbia Pictures‘ Tom Hardy-led Venom franchise now has an official title and an earlier release date.

Venom: The Last Dance from director Kelly Marcel hits theaters Oct. 25, Sony announced Tuesday. Starring Hardy, Juno Temple and Chiwetel Ejiofor, the film, which was previously untitled, moves up two weeks from its initial release date of Nov. 8.

Marcel also wrote the script, with the story credited to herself and Hardy. Hardy, Marcel, Avi Arad, Matt Tolmach, Amy Pascal and Hutch Parker serve as producers.

I mean… that looks in line with the 1st two movies… solidly not great. I thought they were going to do something with Lethal Protector? 

I do like Tom Hardy and their treatment of Venom, but not giving them anything to work with just sucks.

On 6/3/2024 at 6:12 PM, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Why would you mess with the "We are Venom" line???  Is Taika Waititi directing this???

And couldn't we find another actor other than somebody who's already part of the MCU (Mordo)?

***I'm still bitter with how they messed up the Carnage movie

I understand the bitterness. Carnage is one of my favorite villains and they made him a love sick puppy.  At least it's better than what they did to Taskmaster....man that hurt me, I couldn't even watch Black Widow.

OOooff that Final Trailer doesn't make it better. But...[spoiler alert]

Spoiler

Knull...? hope they do a better job with him than they did with Carnage...

Edited by dbcn

Ok, I'm actually now more excited for the movie after seeing who the big bad boss is going to be.

BUTT...I'm going to still be holding back on my optimism (Carnage, Gorr The God Butcher, High Evolutionary, Kang,...etc.).  They can/might still mess this up.

***I really like that comic storyline with the new baddie

On 6/3/2024 at 5:50 PM, Gatsby77 said:

Blade: Trinity vibes - but sans Ryan Reynolds and significantly less fun.

Hard pass.

For some reason I remember that movie more for Jessica Biel than Ryan Reynolds.....................