• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Probably Not The Mile High Action Comics 1 But Allegedly Some Random Raw Sells Privately for $4.5 Million - Potentially...Allegedly
8 8

137 posts in this topic

On 1/8/2022 at 10:26 PM, G.A.tor said:

Yes. The sale will be announced next month. Report got both the book and price wrong 

Rick, not sure if you can make this clarification at this time, but if you can -- when you say got the book wrong, is that as in not even an Action 1? Or just the wrong copy? (Which most of us assumed)

Totally understood if you can’t even clarify that, of course. Looking forward to the real news next month (thumbsu

Edited by Readcomix

On 1/9/2022 at 1:00 AM, Readcomix said:

Rick, not sure if you can make this clarification at this time, but if you can -- when you say got the book wrong, is that as in not even an Action 1? Or just the wrong copy? (Which most of us assumed)

I don’t know if Rick can say anything regarding that since he’s under an NDA. 

Edited by Terry JSA

On 1/9/2022 at 1:00 AM, Readcomix said:

Totally understood if you can’t even clarify that, of course. Looking forward to the real news next month (thumbsu

Hmmm

I Truly have no specific knowledge of a new action 1 selling. I just know it wasn’t the mile high. But if a new action 1 sold, we will hear about it

Edited by G.A.tor

On 1/9/2022 at 7:57 AM, G.A.tor said:

There’s no nda. Just a request from owner not to break any news before they do. 

<-------- ignorant in these matters

Without revealing any info about the transaction, can you (or anyone) explain why the owner would ask this?

Need to clarify. I was only referring to the fact that the third party app report of the mile high action 1 selling for 4.5 mil is wrong. 

it’s the wrong book and price. If this app has knowledge , it’s not up to them to report. As a hobby third party reporting should be taken with a grain of salt and should be done by the buyer / sellers. So wait for an upcoming announcement about a sale such as this. Don’t rely on third party info 

I apologize if I was vague or not clear, but my posts were only referencing the incorrect announcement of the mh action 1. I have NO knowledge of another action 1 selling …but if it did, I would  wait for a big announcement about it from the owners,  It’s not for me or any third party to reveal. 

hope that clarifies 

Edited by G.A.tor

On 12/18/2021 at 4:12 PM, Guardian Comics said:

Exactly…the headline said MH copy and now they have changed it.  MH copy might be a 20-25 million dollar book right now, and like it was mentioned earlier, the $10,000,000 dollar number has been thrown around as being turned down for at least the past 10-15 years.

How could you possibly take anything seriously from a website that values mid-grades at less than low grade books???

Jim

0F3F1A38-D499-4DC1-87EC-ADFCA1D7C521.png

Also since when is a mid-grade AC 1 110k? That's laughable. 

I have no insider knowledge of any of this, but somewhere in my reading various sites, I saw that a Superman #1 sold recently for a very high price.  I'd guess that's the correct book, even if the $4.5M is still wrong.

Possibly connected (but who knows), a new CGC 7.0 Superman #1 appeared on the CGC Census in mid-October 2021.

Edited by valiantman

On 1/10/2022 at 1:48 PM, valiantman said:

I have no insider knowledge of any of this, but somewhere in my reading various sites, I saw that a Superman #1 sold recently for a very high price.  I'd guess that's the correct book, even if the $4.5M is still wrong.

Possibly connected (but who knows), a new CGC 7.0 Superman #1 appeared on the CGC Census in mid-October 2021.

I'm sure that's the Metro/CC book.  They auctioned that one off.  I'd be surprised (well, maybe not) if it changed hands already.  

According to Bleeding Cool it was a CGC 6.0 (the Rocket Copy, gotta admit I'm not familiar with that pedigree) that sold for $3 180 000USD.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/action-comics-1-cgc-6-0-rocket-copy-sells-for-3180000/

Edit:False Alarm. This sale is too recent to be the sale in question. Carry on, folks. 

Edited by Mecha_Fantastic