• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I have been getting reports of posts disappearing, and posts showing up days earlier in a thread.
3 3

32 posts in this topic

I have a related recurring, but curiously opposing experience. I send a PM, and it works. I then think of something else to add, go to create an additional PM comment, and when I click to begin typing, the previous successful post is duplicated again, but without the 'clear editor' message that you should get when a previous post was not sent for some reason. I have to manually clear the body text, to start typing my next comment. Not sure if that helps explain anything - some people are losing PMs - I'm doubling them! 

On 1/21/2022 at 2:43 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

I have a related recurring, but curiously opposing experience. I send a PM, and it works. I then think of something else to add, go to create an additional PM comment, and when I click to begin typing, the previous successful post is duplicated again, but without the 'clear editor' message that you should get when a previous post was not sent for some reason. I have to manually clear the body text, to start typing my next comment. Not sure if that helps explain anything - some people are losing PMs - I'm doubling them! 

I will add that I too have had the exact same experience .

I have the same thing happen when I go to post sometimes as well. 

On 1/21/2022 at 9:13 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

I will add that I too have had the exact same experience .

I have the same thing happen when I go to post sometimes as well. 

Yeah, not a big deal, as losing PMs is, just thought it might be linked and help drive out a solution. 

On 1/21/2022 at 3:43 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

I get the same thing too, or I CAN'T edit if I try to. Thanks for thinking of that, there have been so many small issues, I forget them all.

On 1/22/2022 at 12:09 AM, skypinkblu said:

I get the same thing too, or I CAN'T edit if I try to. Thanks for thinking of that, there have been so many small issues, I forget them all.

I think the system is now set so that you can't edit a first PM in a new PM stream, but I've never had a problem editing subsequent ones - just that recurring duplication for me. It seems that issues affect members differently nowadays and we don't seem to get consistency in our problems anymore. Which itself is a problem, I suppose :bigsmile: 

More sign in issues. You have to sign out to sign in again, or maybe it's regional.

@CGC Mike  More disappearing pms, but they seem to only be from my phone. That issue that Marwood mentioned about duplicating posts seems to be better. I was having the same problem, but mostly on my phone.

• Administrator
On 1/31/2022 at 9:26 AM, skypinkblu said:

More sign in issues. You have to sign out to sign in again, or maybe it's regional.

@CGC Mike  More disappearing pms, but they seem to only be from my phone. That issue that Marwood mentioned about duplicating posts seems to be better. I was having the same problem, but mostly on my phone.

I have submitted everyone's posts to web help and the developers.  Hopefully, they will be able to fix this.  

On 1/31/2022 at 9:26 AM, skypinkblu said:

Do we have a stickied problem thread somewhere I've forgotten?

There isn't a thread for multiple chatboard problems, just unique ones.  

• Administrator

We have an update from MX they would like the users to try.  Here is their suggestion:

Here are the instructions for an end user to create a HAR file. Let us know if you have any questions.

Note that there are some preparation steps that a user would need to do in order to capture this data properly for analysis, so if there are users that this happens to often, they should be the ones to follow these steps and try to get the HAR data while their posting issues or SSO in as another users issues occur.

1. Start from an incognito window in Chrome. If you use a different browser, these steps may vary slightly.
  2. Go to https://protect-us.mimecast.com/s/NrpICDkxN0U5660wUWq5CN/
  3. Sign in (you should be brought back to the boards, logged in)
  4. Open the browser Developer Tools by pressing F12.
  5. Go to the Network tab
  6. Press the clear button
  7. Make sure "Preserve log" is checked
  8. Make sure "Disable cache" is unchecked
  9. Use the boards until an error occurs.
  10. When an issue occurs, in the network log entries, right click an entry and select "Save all as HAR content"
  11. Save the file with a name that describe what the problem is, such as "logged in as wrong user.har"
  12. Zip the file and send it to us.

• Administrator

Here is the latest request from the developers:

Dave Dolnics
2022-02-14 5:46 PM

Dena,

Here are the instructions for an end user to create a HAR file. Let us know if you have any questions.

Note that there are some preparation steps that a user would need to do in order to capture this data properly for analysis, so if there are users that this happens to often, they should be the ones to follow these steps and try to get the HAR data while their posting issues or SSO in as another users issues occur.

1. Start from an incognito window in Chrome. If you use a different browser, these steps may vary slightly.

2. Go to 55431411_cgcfavicon.icoCGC Comic Book Collectors Chat Boards

3. Sign in (you should be brought back to the boards, logged in)

4. Open the browser Developer Tools by pressing F12.

5. Go to the Network tab

6. Press the clear button

7. Make sure "Preserve log" is checked

8. Make sure "Disable cache" is unchecked

9. Use the boards until an error occurs.

10. When an issue occurs, in the network log entries, right click an entry and select "Save all as HAR content"

11. Save the file with a name that describe what the problem is, such as "logged in as wrong user.har"

12. Zip the file and send it to us.

screen shot for the steps in the Developer Tools section

image.png

Some guy named CGC Mike keeps making posts disappear.  Something about politics.  I'm generally ok with that (let's keep debates about whether Putin is an admirable guy to other sites) so long as we can discuss political issues directly related to comics (e.g. why the Punisher logo was changed or why Maus is being censored) with respect for one another.  But, the folks who leap in to lower those legit conversations with ad hominem comments (like the "beta" comments you see the losers spout on the far reaches of the internet) deserve to be placed on ice.  .  

Edited by sfcityduck