• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A True CGC Marvel Super Special Comics #1 Miracle!

9 posts in this topic

On 12/24/2021 at 2:38 AM, Beyonder123 said:

Just read up a little bit on it. That's crazy cool! Looks like they beat Lil Nas X 40 years to the punch.

It was well-publicised at the time, of course.  A bit of controversial marketing.

Edited by Ken Aldred

Thanks for sharing your story @John Worley

I bought that book off the stands.  I was in 8th grade, I believe.  Even then, I heard about the blood -- I am embarrassed I was scared to read it thinking I might get some disease.  Alas, I have always been a germophobic. I actually had it graded some time ago.  I think I read about the blood in one of those Marvel Scholastic mags like Dynamite.  My copy in the spoiler

Spoiler

kiss.jpg.97db6f2e3d424e30dbb8bd152d5dbd30.jpg

On 12/24/2021 at 7:32 AM, telerites said:

Thanks for sharing your story @John Worley

I bought that book off the stands.  I was in 8th grade, I believe.  Even then, I heard about the blood -- I am embarrassed I was scared to read it thinking I might get some disease.  Alas, I have always been a germophobic. I actually had it graded some time ago.  I think I read about the blood in one of those Marvel Scholastic mags like Dynamite.  My copy in the spoiler

Hide contents

kiss.jpg.97db6f2e3d424e30dbb8bd152d5dbd30.jpg

Merry Christmas Everybody! When I found a copy on the spinner rack I was immediately taken by it. I still remember looking at it and thinking....WOW. I wish I still had that copy but the memory of finding the book that day and the joy I felt will never leave. :)