• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your favorite graded video game or console
2 2

48 posts in this topic

On 12/27/2021 at 3:04 PM, JasonTodd69 said:

I'd recommend you to start playing rdr2, witcher 3 and if you enjoy tough games then go for Soul series or Sekiro.

Loved RDR1, but couldn't get into 2. Like the guy above said, lost interest in the snow area. Witcher 3 is fantastic. Will have to check out Sekiro.

On 12/27/2021 at 10:53 PM, october said:

Those are nice shelves. Carts can look like a pile of clutter, but that's pretty slick.

Some gems right there too. EVO and Wild Guns, right? Wild Guns is near the top of my CIB wantlist.

Its old pics im reorganizing it with those transparent plastic sleeve to protect them all but my local video game place changed suplier so i am waiting for more to finish:taptaptap:yes its evo and wild Guns, have hagane too but placed it elsewhere to resist the temptation to play too much with it lol cartrige in very fine condition or better and its such an adictive game lol

On 12/25/2021 at 7:49 PM, jimjum12 said:

This is the only graded game I own, I had friends who loved it, plus the Cover design "speaks" to me. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

WATA SPACE INVADERS ... 9.8.jpg

Nice!(worship)! Me ,one of my favorite cover design is snow brothers still missing the manual but i like that one a lot!

20210403_155237.jpg

Edited by Namtak

Even got the chance at comiccons to get a few signed like that devil may cry 4 metal case signed by Johnny young bosh formelly  the 2nd power ranger in black uniform,doing the voice for nero!

20211227_232204.jpg

20211227_232220.jpg

Edited by Namtak

I hope cgc will make a signature series available for video games:xi might get more signed and slabed that way!for those i have its too late but in near future id like witnessed ss vedeo games!my tmnt arcade cib nes would be first in my list that id go signed,by eastman would be cool(thumbsu

On 12/27/2021 at 11:17 PM, Namtak said:

Nice!(worship)! Me ,one of my favorite cover design is snow brothers still missing the manual but i like that one a lot!

20210403_155237.jpg

Great choice.   Greg Martin was a wonderful illustrator.   He did many classic covers.  You can read more about him if you want on google here and there or best of all on the game art Facebook group.   

F6166DEB-E7D3-418F-A6F3-D79CFA5F117B.png

On 12/28/2021 at 2:45 AM, october said:

Loved RDR1, but couldn't get into 2. Like the guy above said, lost interest in the snow area. Witcher 3 is fantastic. Will have to check out Sekiro.

Warning: Sekiro is quite difficult. Rdr2 turns out to be exceptional right after snow area like somewhere in between chapter 2-3 

Awesome thread! I remember the very first time I walked into an arcade. It was a giant space with multiples of each game and the volume was cranked to the max. The first sound I distinctly heard was a loud echo droning sound which turned out to be the flee dropping from the top of the screen to the bottom on three different Centipedes simultaneously.

Up to this point if you read comics all you really had was your imagination. Video games were an entirely different universe. At least in the 70s you did get Batman, Superman, and Star Wars that had an incredible synergistic experience between trading cards, TV/movies, toys, comic books, and other merch so your connection was much deeper.

But vintage gaming is definitely my wheelhouse. I"m not sure if playing piano gave me a competitive advantage but I did really well in the arcades. I would say full circle came when I was in high school playing Shinobi when it first came out. It was a Saturday night and I entered mission 5. People were in a frenzy to the point of stopping what they were doing since no one had ever seen these screens; remember NO internet or cheat codes. I had a crowd swarmed around watching me. As I made it through the forest and into the dojo hideout it was absolute pure electricity. If Michael Jordan and Hulk Hogan had walked in, I honestly wouldn't have cared. 

Nostalgia is such a complex and tricky emotion. What I find from comic books, action figures, and in particular video games it's like a worm hole....a portal or time machine. And honestly some of my best and most powerful memories aren't even about the actual activities. The gen 1 Atari 2600 games were very difficult to find. We would hop between stores left and right trying to get one.

When Transformers came out I remember jumping the gate at Toys R Us and racing to the back to score an Optimus Prime on a Sunday morning. In the 70s, my grandparents ran a grocery store and right next door was a large periodical business. I couldn't wait to get my hands on the newest comics all the time. And the owners were amazing; they gave me tons of comics free over the years.

So seeing video games in their original factory sealed form is almost as if my memories have been preserved and can be relived over again and again. Now if only I started buying OA years ago :tonofbricks:

In my opinion, the two best early/first arcade games in terms of transcribing from the arcade to the home game console experience was Space Invaders and this one here which would be my contribution to the thread:

VGADef.jpg