• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is this bubble on the back of CGC case?
1 1

29 posts in this topic

On 12/25/2021 at 11:25 AM, Ride the Tiger said:

Other areas damaged by inside well.

20211225_132359.jpg

20211225_132352.jpg

You could have sent the book back for a re-holder and asked for a CCS press. I did that on a book that I wasn’t the original submitter.

Edited by BigLeagueCHEW

On 12/25/2021 at 2:46 PM, BigLeagueCHEW said:

You could have sent the book back for a re-holder and asked for a CCS press. I did that on a book that I wasn’t the original submitter.

.....and gotten it back by next Christmas if I was lucky. By then the book will have cooled off. I also don't trust the pressing or the grading company. 

On 12/29/2021 at 11:19 AM, Ride the Tiger said:

Another issue we might as well discuss is page quality. I read all the time that people only buy books with white pages. I dunno are these pages white?????

20211229_101412.jpg

20211229_101446.jpg

Maybe they were white(er) when it was graded? (shrug)

On 12/29/2021 at 11:24 AM, Gaard said:

Maybe they were white(er) when it was graded? (shrug)

And that's my point. Why chase "White" page graded books if they don't stay white? Almost seems like it's not worth mentioning on older books if they can change after less than a decade in a sealed case.

On 12/29/2021 at 11:19 AM, Ride the Tiger said:

Another issue we might as well discuss is page quality. I read all the time that people only buy books with white pages. I dunno are these pages white?????

I just cracked a book with "White" pages that looks worse than this one. But for your book, I'd say OW/W would have been more realistic. What we used to call "mostly white"...  lol 

When I buy a book with White pages, I expect it to look like this: 

SAM_3892.thumb.JPG.bc336cd12654a445cc12b374de3517b1.JPG

SAM_3889.JPG

Edited by The Lions Den
Additional info added