• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eric Powell's New Watercolor Coloring Technique

15 posts in this topic

Hey Guys,

I recently got a Goon page from the 25 cent issue as a wedding gift (its from my college buddies - one of them had a Dad who is a friend of a friend of Eric Powell's), and the last panel of the page is colored diectly on the board in watercolor.

I talked to Eric at a convention a couple of weeks ago and he said it was a trial run for a new coloring technique he was thinking of implementing on his Goon series. Needless to say - it looks pretty cool. I can't wait to see a whole page done this way in the coming months. Here's a link to a scan of it: http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=108900&GSub=16077 . I just wanted to give you all a head's up about his OA process possibly changing. Thanks! - Keith

I like that Powell switches up his style/technique as he goes. They're not huge progressions, but if you read the Goon in order you can definitely see when he does implement them.

The colored page is great as well. It is good to see a non-digital coloring. I wonder how much it will add to his workload though? As long as the results look as good as that I guess I do not care.

Sweet page!

It was probably my favorite wedding gift...well, that and the wife/wife's lingerie wink.gif . - Keith

Let's see a picture of that. devil.gif

stooges.gif

I'd be worried what you might get back with a request like that. His statement doesn't specifically say who is wearing said lingerie.

It was probably my favorite wedding gift...well, that and the wife/wife's lingerie wink.gif . - Keith

Let's see a picture of that. devil.gif

stooges.gif

I'd be worried what you might get back with a request like that. His statement doesn't specifically say who is wearing said lingerie.

Bah! Trust me....its my wife smile.gif . You wouldn't want to see me in any of that! - Keith