• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Cornfield Library lounge area thread. Off topic posts are allowed!
15 15

40,352 posts in this topic

On 1/27/2022 at 5:00 AM, KirbyJack said:

Maybe they already shot the fight.

brilliant!!

On 1/27/2022 at 7:21 AM, jcjames said:

5249cf54-937f-4f6f-8412-331ab1449088_text.gif

Au contraire! 

The scene (even if improvised on the set) showed very well how important the entire thing was to Rocky, and yet when he told the promoter, the promoter kind of scoffed "It doesn't really matter" as if "you're gonna get pulverized anyway so who cares?" Kinda conveyed that the details of Rocky's portrayal was irrelevant to the promoter's "Apollo Creed Show". 

It's a great scene!

brilliant!

On 1/27/2022 at 5:29 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Imagining now...

Jennifer-Love-Hewitt-jennifer-love-hewitt-41087050-2140-3200.thumb.jpg.277ac3792f30224e5f813fcef7f1e8fd.jpg

Yeah, that was my first test myself. Then, it started getting weird so I had to go do something else.

"I wonder what a bison would feel like if I licked it? Huh. I already know! IMAGINE THAT! Ok. I wonder what a lactating sugar cane toad would.....No. Not going there. This will only go to a bad place."

On 1/27/2022 at 4:33 PM, Randall Ries said:

Yeah, that was my first test myself. Then, it started getting weird so I had to go do something else.

"I wonder what a bison would feel like if I licked it? Huh. I already know! IMAGINE THAT! Ok. I wonder what a lactating sugar cane toad would.....No. Not going there. This will only go to a bad place."

1033805890_tenor-3(1).gif.ad32571ae366f4f79a4a8d8daa00f26c.gif

On 1/27/2022 at 1:19 AM, kav said:

They couldnt have just got or sewed some proper colored trunks??

"When Rocky notices the massive banners of Creed and himself have him wearing red shorts with a white stripe, he tells the promoter that it's a mistake - his shorts colors are actually the opposite. The lines were added because the props department got the colors wrong when making the banner".

I mean it would have been a lot cheaper and quicker than spending the hours it takes to film a 3 minute scene.

I watched the filming of travolta's phenomenon and it took about 2 hours to film a 15 second scene of him peeling out of parking lot-

Screenshot 2022-01-26 10.09.12 PM.png

This was actually a happy little accident.  I remember Stallone discussing this in an interview or a commentary for the film and he said it merely added to the fact that Rocky was a 'nobody' and it 'didn't matter' so he was pleased by this. 

On 1/27/2022 at 5:17 PM, Buzzetta said:

Okay... this is what I wanted to reply to the thread as it was locked after he got all butthurt refusing the believe that "guilt by association" is a good thing or whatever he said.  

I had a former friend that did some pretty horrible things when an African American family moved across the street from him.  Originally he denied it but eventually he fessed up when his own mother yelled at him for doing what he did.  We were in our late 20's at the time when this happened.  He decided it would be a good idea to live discriminatory notes on their garage and car.  Someone like that, many of us decided to distance ourselves from.   

When I say, "he who lies down with dogs, gets up with fleas" that is true.  Hanging around someone like this validates that behavior.  You don't get to say, "He is a horrible person and a pretty big racist, but I will be damned if he isn't a fun guy to have in a fantasy football league."

Sometimes you have to leave the trash at the curb. 

Yep.. 2012756518_200(9).gif.5e4f44497183aa5bceb933f27bf79346.gif