• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Cornfield Library lounge area thread. Off topic posts are allowed!
16 16

40,654 posts in this topic

On 4/20/2022 at 5:14 PM, CHASEnBLUE said:

LOL!

In 2010 I was diagnosed with Stage 4 Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma. At that time I was "told" I would live "6 to 8 years" based upon the medical data.

Fast forward to 2017 when sh*t hit the fan and my cancer morphed to an aggressive form and I was told I would not survive. This was after more than two dozen chemo type treatments since first informed.

Almost died and came back thanks to God. What else can I say? :)

Take it up if you want, we never know what the next day brings. 

mess man, I believe I speak for everyone when I say I'm glad you're still with us. What an amazing story. 

On 4/20/2022 at 5:18 PM, CHASEnBLUE said:

In 2018 began a hard core chemo treatment. Had no choice. Do it or die.

Did it and thanks to God survived.

Now in remission...

And you'll stay that way, and live the long and happy life you deserve after such a horrid and nerve-wracking experience. I believe in you, mate. 

On 4/20/2022 at 5:24 PM, CHASEnBLUE said:

Transformation pic 1....during chemo in 2018.

Chemo six pack 1.jpg

You can see the weariness set in, but honestly, you don't look that bad, considering the hell you must have gone through. You must have had a strong team on your side, which I think is what is showing through. 

On 4/20/2022 at 5:30 PM, CHASEnBLUE said:

God has kept me here for some reason which I am thankful.

Maybe one person will see this and be confident, hopeful, and gain extra strength. That would make me feel this battle has been worth it my friend.

Always take each day as a blessing. God bless.

:)

Well, I have a health condition of my own that affects my life. It's nothing like you went through though. I've honestly been in a bad mood these last few days because the weather changed, which means extra pain that is difficult to control. It's reminded me just how lucky I am, and how many people would jump at the chance to have my body. So thank you, it's immediately hit me. 

I of course wish you the best for the future, and that this stays in remission now. You've done more than your fair share of time, it's now your moment to be free of this cancerous hell for good. And I sincerely hope that's happens, and I look forward to reminiscing on this conversation in 30 years. 

On 4/20/2022 at 5:40 PM, CHASEnBLUE said:

Though some may disagree with my comment, this moment in tme is meant to be.

I often wonder why I'm still here to share my story and this is another reason why I'm convinced that God has kept me around.

God bless you and I hope that you find strength, and the hope that helps you and others persevere.

Thank you. It's stories like yours that inspire me and show me that on my worst days I can keep going and that there are those who get through worse situations, so I can man up and get through one mere day. 

So thanks. People like you keep people like me going. 

On 4/20/2022 at 12:36 AM, Cat said:

Well, I have a health condition of my own that affects my life. It's nothing like you went through though. I've honestly been in a bad mood these last few days because the weather changed, which means extra pain that is difficult to control. It's reminded me just how lucky I am, and how many people would jump at the chance to have my body. So thank you, it's immediately hit me. 

I of course wish you the best for the future, and that this stays in remission now. You've done more than your fair share of time, it's now your moment to be free of this cancerous hell for good. And I sincerely hope that's happens, and I look forward to reminiscing on this conversation in 30 years. 

DM any time. I don't have all the answers but if you need an objective point of view, I will be there for you. Stay strong my friend. 

On 4/20/2022 at 5:46 PM, CHASEnBLUE said:

My wife and girls were what kept me going. There were many times I wanted to give up...but did not because I feel so responsible and dedicated to them. It was not about me, but fighting for their sake. If I did not have that responsibility on my shoulders, I think the outcome would have been different from an emotional/personal standpoint.

You're all lucky to have each other. :)

On 4/20/2022 at 5:48 PM, CHASEnBLUE said:

DM any time. I don't have all the answers but if you need an objective point of view, I will be there for you. Stay strong my friend. 

Thank you, mate. That honestly means a lot.