• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Cornfield Library lounge area thread. Off topic posts are allowed!
16 16

40,404 posts in this topic

On 7/9/2022 at 1:25 PM, Cat said:

The roads here vary wildly. Mostly bad, but the highway roads going through town are quite decent. There's not a whole lot in the town by itself though. Population is only 10k. It's much quieter than where I live in Brisbane though, which is right on a main road. That can get noisy, and they're always doing roadworks at night. 

Sounds like you're having a nice cruisy Saturday. The best kind. 

just a humid heat, but the isolate sprinkles tonight might take away the humidity :wishluck:

I did make a short trip to the used bookstore 2 blocks away, nothing, but I witnessed that they got in 2 customers with boxes to donate. Their timing of putting stuff out is particularly random, and there is no promise those customers had comics either lol but such is the hunt! :headbang: 

On 7/9/2022 at 1:27 PM, Namtak said:

What does that even mean?sorry but its a phrase i never heard before.

Tree limbs that we cut off, we call them clippings, or other brush and trash from the alley, that the city will pick up once a month. You have to keep it clean and cut or there are fines.

And a certain like 4to 5 days to put it out, or you have to wait until the next month :cheers: 

On 7/9/2022 at 2:30 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Tree limbs that we cut off, we call them clippings, or other brush and trash from the alley, that the city will pick up once a month. You have to keep it clean and cut or there are fines.

And a certain like 4to 5 days to put it out, or you have to wait until the next month :cheers: 

Thanks im taking note!will add it in my dictionary lol

hulk_working_cropped_400x400.png

On 7/10/2022 at 4:27 AM, Namtak said:

What does that even mean?sorry but its a phrase i never heard before.

Hes got grass clippings, from gardening. Could be from moving the lawn, or just general gardening. He's taking them to the curb, I assume he means he's going to leave them out for rubbish collection? The curb is the cement corners on the side of the streets. 

On 7/9/2022 at 1:32 PM, Namtak said:

Thanks im taking note!will add it in my dictionary lol

hulk_working_cropped_400x400.png

amen 

in english to cut is like to use scissors, the clippings or clipped portion would be what is left of what is specifically "cut"

On 7/10/2022 at 4:28 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

just a humid heat, but the isolate sprinkles tonight might take away the humidity :wishluck:

I did make a short trip to the used bookstore 2 blocks away, nothing, but I witnessed that they got in 2 customers with boxes to donate. Their timing of putting stuff out is particularly random, and there is no promise those customers had comics either lol but such is the hunt! :headbang: 

The hunt always continues. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but one day will be your day! Yep, I getcha on humidity. Brisbane is notorious for its summer humidity. You take a shower, get dressed, step outside, and within 5 minutes feel like you haven't showered in a week. 

On 7/9/2022 at 1:33 PM, Cat said:

Hes got grass clippings, from gardening. Could be from moving the lawn, or just general gardening. He's taking them to the curb, I assume he means he's going to leave them out for rubbish collection? The curb is the cement corners on the side of the streets. 

amen @Namtak you're expected to keep trees cut and to have the grass below like 11 inches tall, including weeds.

The curb would be the space between the front of my lawn and the street where you set stuff out, its reserved for city stuff like hydrants, telephone or other polls that the city upkeeps meaning they maintain.

Basically they only do it once a month for like the big stuff, it's not just lawn stuff, you can put out couches or refrigerators if you've bought new to get rid of the old.

The city just picks it up and takes it to the dump for you.

They do food or wrappings from the kitchen and other small house trash once a week.

lol I'm sure you have the same haha, but in English lol context too :sumo: 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

For anyone who has read TMNT The Last Ronin, someone made a fantastic fan animation covering part of the story. Enjoy! 

On 7/9/2022 at 2:39 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

amen @Namtak you're expected to keep trees cut and to have the grass below like 11 inches tall, including weeds.

The curb would be the space between the front of my lawn and the street where you set stuff out, its reserved for city stuff like hydrants, telephone or other polls that the city upkeeps meaning they maintain.

Basically they only do it once a month for like the big stuff, it's not just lawn stuff, you can put out couches or refrigerators if you've bought new to get rid of the old.

The city just picks it up and takes it to the dump for you.

They do food or wrappings from the kitchen and other small house trash once a week.

lol I'm sure you have the same haha, but in English lol context too :sumo: 

Got it!wasnt sure of the curb part!english lesson of the day done lol thanks!

Edited by Namtak