• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Cornfield Library lounge area thread. Off topic posts are allowed!
16 16

40,624 posts in this topic

On 4/24/2023 at 2:23 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

There are several ways to fry steak, the most common here is chicken fried steak, but my favorite here would be the fried steak strips. Think like a chicken strip but thinly sliced steak . Those with homemade ranch dressing or the white spicey gravy.. Mmmm..

That sounds good. I have no idea what white spicy gravy is, but it sounds good. If its spicy it HAS to be good. 

On 4/24/2023 at 12:03 AM, Cat said:

That sounds good. I have no idea what white spicy gravy is, but it sounds good. If its spicy it HAS to be good. 

Basically Biscuit Gravy with various spices/black pepper. May also be called Pepper Gravy. 

Another rule.

Sweet Tea.. There is no such thing as UnSweet.

Unless you are visiting family who has already got 

FB_IMG_1680056803234.jpg.3c1e9de493cc3166613db339a4e33f01.jpg

from all the Sugar then you might find water or other sugar neutral beverages.  

Edited by onlyweaknesskryptonite
Rebooted

Oh.. can't believe I left this off the fried food list.

FB_IMG_1680747700401.jpg.0a2c9a9d49ae9b42e78aee83595c59e4.jpg

Evey Thanksgiving there are at least a few who blow up / burn down their houses attempting their deep fried turkeys. 

Injection Cajun seasoning and deep fried. Yep.. 

On 4/24/2023 at 3:24 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Basically Biscuit Gravy with various spices/black pepper. May also be called Pepper Gravy. 

That sounds fantastic. I keep meaning to try making biscuit gravy. 

Edited by Cat

On 4/23/2023 at 11:07 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Everything fried. Chicken (many different ways) , Steak (chicken fried or strips) Fish (many different ways) , Green Tomatoes, Fires, Onion Rings/ straws,  Okra, Green Beens, etc. All the good ol southern specialties.  :cloud9:

Fried crocodile:x

On 4/24/2023 at 11:22 PM, Namtak said:

Crocodile is nice. I don't eat any meat other than beef, bacon, and pork if I HAVE to, but I liked crocodile. I don't know what category it's classed as though. Seafood? That seems wrong. 

On 4/24/2023 at 8:22 AM, Namtak said:

You don't find that at most typical southern fried food places, but there is a place not far from my house that is called " Gators " you can guess what they have on their menu.  

On 4/24/2023 at 11:31 AM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:
On 4/24/2023 at 8:22 AM, Namtak said:

You don't find that at most typical southern fried food places, but there is a place not far from my house that is called " Gators " you can guess what they have on their menu.  

On 4/24/2023 at 9:14 AM, Cat said:

Crocodile is nice. I don't eat any meat other than beef, bacon, and pork if I HAVE to, but I liked crocodile. I don't know what category it's classed as though. Seafood? That seems wrong. 

ya I'm not too sure the extent of my visitors health, might not be the best place to start with, as it will be a several week excursion. IDK lol 

I want to treat them, but since their from way out of town, I don't want to upset the stomach lol especially when their not "used to America" spices per se. I'm also not sure but am curious if Australia would have any other adverse effects to our water and or etc but idk ??? 

On 4/25/2023 at 3:10 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

ya I'm not too sure the extent of my visitors health, might not be the best place to start with, as it will be a several week excursion. IDK lol 

I want to treat them, but since their from way out of town, I don't want to upset the stomach lol especially when their not "used to America" spices per se. I'm also not sure but am curious if Australia would have any other adverse effects to our water and or etc but idk ??? 

If they can't handle it tell them to harden up. lol

On 4/24/2023 at 2:24 PM, Cat said:

If they can't handle it tell them to harden up. lol

lol and Idk how much of "their trip" I have planned, idk lol something will happen haha

Spoiler

A few things in mind, but there is a LCS and soul food about halfway across town, that is also halfway to a prescreen to see GOTG #3 lol on the wednesday before publicly in theaters, which "may sound enticing!"

Sounds like a whole day planned, as the prescreen is 1st come 1st serve, so got to line up early :ohnoez: and then if they eat and have trouble, at a public place is not somewhere to enjoy digestion troubles hahaha

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 4/23/2023 at 2:44 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

We need more breakfast places by me, they've all gone away. Granted they lasted 50 years, but it must be out of fashion, same goes with country fried foods.

So many restaurants went out of business in the last three years😥

On 4/24/2023 at 4:51 PM, FoggyNelson said:

So many restaurants went out of business in the last three years😥

My favorite Mexican dive did too. Ordered like two to three months ago, all through the situation, then a month ago it up and closed. :(