• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Cornfield Library lounge area thread. Off topic posts are allowed!
16 16

40,624 posts in this topic

On 4/25/2023 at 7:51 AM, FoggyNelson said:

So many restaurants went out of business in the last three years😥

I had friends up from Melbourne a couple of years ago, and went to take them to my favourite pizza place (a New York style pizza place, named 'Boroughs Of New York,' every pizza was named after a New York suburb) only to find the place had closed without warning the day before. So disappointing and such a waste of time. :cry:

On 4/25/2023 at 5:29 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

lol and Idk how much of "their trip" I have planned, idk lol something will happen haha

Hide contents

A few things in mind, but there is a LCS and soul food about halfway across town, that is also halfway to a prescreen to see GOTG #3 lol on the wednesday before publicly in theaters, which "may sound enticing!"

Sounds like a whole day planned, as the prescreen is 1st come 1st serve, so got to line up early :ohnoez: and then if they eat and have trouble, at a public place is not somewhere to enjoy digestion troubles hahaha

That sounds like a fun day. And you might want to gently offer to help them with tipping if they need it. We don't do that here, so it's very foreign to us, the idea of a set percentage, if it's good, add more, if it's bad, what do you do, etc. 

Their stomachs should be fine, it's hardly Delhi belly. Still, ask them, they may have sensitive stomachs. 

On 4/24/2023 at 6:30 PM, Cat said:

That sounds like a fun day. And you might want to gently offer to help them with tipping if they need it. We don't do that here, so it's very foreign to us, the idea of a set percentage, if it's good, add more, if it's bad, what do you do, etc. 

Their stomachs should be fine, it's hardly Delhi belly. Still, ask them, they may have sensitive stomachs. 

Thanks! I let them know the options! They figured the week that they leave would be better than 1st day, for southern cooking. @Cat They even mentioned being too jet lagged after a nights rest to sit on the floor for a couple of hours for a prescreen, which is understandable lol

Just trying to be a good host, will work out! More importantly if prayers to God in Jesus name are promised, pray for there to be good stuff at the LCS and $1 bins  :roflmao:

That's one thing that I don't mind, letting them catch the breaks for a couple of weeks!!! That is the main thing that I don't want it to be a bust lol

:takeit:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 4/25/2023 at 9:35 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Thanks! I let them know the options! They figured the week that they leave would be better than 1st day. They even mentioned being too jet lagged after a nights rest to sit on the floor for a couple of hours for a prescreen, which is understandable lol

Just trying to be a good host, will work out! More importantly if prayers to God in Jesus name are promised, pray for there to be good stuff at the LCS and $1 bins  :roflmao:

That's one thing that I don't mind, letting them catch the breaks for a couple of weeks!!! That is the main thing that I don't want it to be a bust lol

:takeit:

In sure they'll just be happy to hang out with you, and see the sights. They'll understand you can't guarantee good comic buys, one would expect. If not, tell them to harden the f--k up. Lol. 

If they get cranky just tell them 'well, we're not here to f--k spiders, now are we?'. 

On 4/24/2023 at 6:38 PM, Cat said:

In sure they'll just be happy to hang out with you, and see the sights. They'll understand you can't guarantee good comic buys, one would expect. If not, tell them to harden the f--k up. Lol. 

If they get cranky just tell them 'well, we're not here to f--k spiders, now are we?'. 

Bwhahahahhaah they're not that finniky 😂 but that charm can wear off if nit shown southern hospitality. 

But ya can't promise the moon, although I'll try. ^^

Looking good so far 😂

Ya I have a timid side. There will be time for good things I'm sure, but the excitement is there for sure.

I haven't seen any spoiler to gotg but read one post in the movie thread to post that I'm going to see it. So there is always something lol as there is already some hubub bub!

Ah marvel brings out the best in people 😀!

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 4/24/2023 at 6:45 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Ya I have a timid side. There will be time for good things I'm sure, but the excitement is there for sure.

I haven't seen any spoiler to gotg but read one post in the movie thread to post that I'm going to see it. So there is always something lol as there is already some hubub bub!

2-image-buttonwolvbub-1-productimagenowatermark.jpg

On 4/25/2023 at 9:45 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'm sure you'll just have a good time once they get there, and all your worries will just be forgotten about. 

On 4/25/2023 at 11:44 AM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

200w.gif.1e040b5467db2cd294b3606e6572063f.gif

Those are big reds. They can be intimidating. They've disembowelled a couple of unlucky people. 

On 4/25/2023 at 12:54 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

o-ROGER-SWOLED-570.jpg.37921835f4edf4184408b40f0e0325c8.jpg

I'd still choose him over a cassowary. Give me the roided-up wallaby over the murder bird any day of the week. 

On 4/25/2023 at 7:24 PM, Cat said:

@ADAMANTIUM What ya up to, buddy? 

Watching counting cars. TV show about flipping cars, kind of like pawn stars, which the main character is the pawn star show's guy for cars.