• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Cornfield Library lounge area thread. Off topic posts are allowed!
16 16

40,624 posts in this topic

On 4/26/2023 at 10:27 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Watching counting cars. TV show about flipping cars, kind of like pawn stars, which the main character is the pawn star show's guy for cars.

I've heard of it, never watched it though. I'm watching prior seasons of Taskmaster, a UK show where comedians are given funny and weird challenges and tasks. Great show if you like a laugh and a think. Anyone wants to watch it, check out the official YouTube account Taskmaster UK and go through their videos, there's only 10, and start with season 14, they've got the whole thing up there, it's only 10 episodes. Really funny stuff. It is British humour though, so I dunno, sometimes you guys don't like that. 

Edited by Cat

On 4/25/2023 at 1:28 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

FB_IMG_1682447273995.jpg

Not factoring in getting up to speed (as these types of equations rarely do.

Jack would be moving roughly 1 mile a minute  (60 miles per hour. ) meaning within 10 minutes Jack would travel roughly 10 miles.

Joe as above would be moving roughly 0.5 miles a minute (30 miles per hour) meaning within the 10 minutes Joe would travel roughly 5 miles.

In conclusion they were originally 15 miles apart.  Based on the data we were given.

jobisdone.jpg.6363f9f1c7af87f0d5467aff831392d5.jpg

On 4/25/2023 at 8:01 PM, Cat said:
On 4/25/2023 at 7:27 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Watching counting cars. TV show about flipping cars, kind of like pawn stars, which the main character is the pawn star show's guy for cars.

I've heard of it, never watched it though.

He just watches it for Horny Mike.:roflmao:

On 4/26/2023 at 10:28 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Other than that just chilling and saving, some expenditures coming up. :)

Your Aussie friend, or some other stuff? Cool stuff, or the mundane? 

On 4/25/2023 at 9:00 PM, Cat said:

Your Aussie friend, or some other stuff? Cool stuff, or the mundane? 

Save food there is not much else I can offer any visitors, other than a polite show of the town and politeness as we share hobbies. 

The saving funds is my own personal comic cons and books I want to need, but haven't decided if I'm to have some remorse about them yet lol guess I'll have to buy them and find out, JK but we'll see.

Seriously comic con and etc basically. And since I'm to show off LCS that is it's own ordeal that is more play it by ear.

On 4/26/2023 at 12:09 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Save food there is not much else I can offer any visitors, other than a polite show of the town and politeness as we share hobbies. 

The saving funds is my own personal comic cons and books I want to need, but haven't decided if I'm to have some remorse about them yet lol guess I'll have to buy them and find out, JK but we'll see.

Seriously comic con and etc basically. And since I'm to show off LCS that is it's own ordeal that is more play it by ear.

So the cool stuff. You are the wheeler and dealer now. You're moving up in the world! 

On 4/25/2023 at 9:17 PM, Cat said:

So the cool stuff. You are the wheeler and dealer now. You're moving up in the world! 

It's all very humbling, I know I could not be fruitful at all if not knowing the higher power. Life is its own troubles but been saved through them all, day by day it IS Humbling.

To say the least of me

It's clear there is less going on, I expect for this to be a lot of attentiveness, and then a time to relax before the con in June. Just not as stressful as I'd thought it'd be, but more enjoyable than expected.

Meanwhile it is a lazy 69 hm degrees in Dallas with similar expected due to rain, being grateful is all I got cause I know the heat is coming!  :tonofbricks:

I could ramble on, but err I think I'll be rambling on just the same! ^^

On 4/26/2023 at 12:20 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

It's all very humbling, I know I could not be fruitful at all if not knowing the higher power. Life is its own troubles but been saved through them all, day by day it IS Humbling.

To say the least of me

Just remember us little people. :cry:

On 4/25/2023 at 9:41 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Jesus Saves!

Hahaha I know you're being tongue and cheek but 😂 that is xD

Meanwhile @Cat had a crown appointment for the dentist today and headed out, to find a screw in my tire so appointment postponed. Small things are all I got so "I'm" not as big as all that lol

Just grateful after these here times! :taptaptap:

On 4/25/2023 at 9:37 PM, Cat said:

Just remember us little people. :cry:

On 4/25/2023 at 9:51 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

1 day out in that Aussie Sun..

We see it here in Florida as well . 

I'm lazy but could show comic con pictures from fall and mid spring, surprisingly mid spring is the tanneriest. Edit to say day one of summer is, given June being the big con for photos

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 4/25/2023 at 9:55 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'm lazy but could show comic con pictures from fall and mid spring, surprisingly mid spring is the tanneriest. Edit to say day one of summer is, given June being the big con for photos

Sentence? @Comics4All

also Google will not translate this for me.

On 4/26/2023 at 12:44 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Meanwhile @Cat had a crown appointment for the dentist today and headed out, to find a screw in my tire so appointment postponed. Small things are all I got so "I'm" not as big as all that lol

Just grateful after these here times! :taptaptap:

Oh that sucks. It's the little things that bring us down! 

And yep, OWK, the Aussie sun will get you quick smart. I'm pretty sure we're the skin cancer capital of the world. Our sun will damage will you within 15 minutes, no worries. Florida must be just behind us. All that and I still can't tan. Just burn and go back to being pasty white. No wonder I get mistaken for being English all the time. lol

On 4/25/2023 at 9:55 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

On 4/25/2023 at 9:58 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Sentence? @Comics4All

also Google will not translate this for me.

Only joking of course as I live in a part of the south , but still Florida.  Here they speak a whole variety of Jibber Jabber.  I can usually discern the meaning.  

On 4/25/2023 at 10:05 PM, Cat said:

OWK, the Aussie sun will get you quick smart. I'm pretty sure we're the skin cancer capital of the world. Our sun will damage will you within 15 minutes, no worries. Florida must be just behind us. All that and I still can't tan. Just burn and go back to being pasty white. No wonder I get mistaken for being English all the time. lol

Yep. I definitely do not envy the amount of sun you guys get . Same goes for out west here in the states . You guys can have it. We get plenty and like you over there we have plenty of animals that will get you as quick at the sun. (Florida man included. ) 

I live in the upper panhandle of Florida.  My back yard is on the North side of Yellow River. The South side of the river is Eglin Air Force Base and a HUGE natural preserve where ALOT of the US Military come to spend their Hell Week for training.  

I grew up on these trails and woods.

It's crazy to see how many get taken out in ambulances due to heat exhaustion and animal encounters.  

On 4/25/2023 at 10:06 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Only joking of course as I live in a part of the south , but still Florida.  Here they speak a whole variety of Jibber Jabber.  I can usually discern the meaning.  

Ya it was on purpose, because being from the south I was waffling from just saying being from south of the boarder. It could have been so much worse lol

But ya smoking outside with where that location is, it hits me more in spring than after the con. A descendant from the British but have the right amount of Indian as most southerners, while the freckles tell the tale  :roflmao:

@Cat