• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Cornfield Library lounge area thread. Off topic posts are allowed!
16 16

40,624 posts in this topic

I do tan. I am white, but during the day I turn reddish purple.  During the night that heat radiates and my skin tone settles to a dark bronze.  (Not quite as dark as ol spray tan , but pretty close. )

On 4/25/2023 at 10:18 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

a159dba4-4d91-4c01-be34-e705cf31de03_text.gif.5fbc4c3ad86178ecbebd5c020d57109e.gif

"That in referring to myself" seemed out of place, which reminds me that my Mexican dive eatery is out of commission. Ugh El Fenix is fine and what I grew up with, but being an adult and enjoying more authenticity is getting harder to do  :(

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 4/25/2023 at 10:21 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

At least I would have said Mexican but even that in referring to myself seemed out of place, which reminds me that my Mexican dive eatery is out of commission. Ugh El Fenix is fine and what I grew up with, but being an adult and enjoying more authenticity is getting harder to do  :(

Yeah it sucks when a good eatery goes away. Lost too many over the years. 

On 4/25/2023 at 10:23 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Yeah it sucks when a good eatery goes away. Lost too many over the years. 

There is time and enough that remember for them to eventually reopen, but when I look at the breakfast places that used to be a dime a dozen? Sure you have the hits like IHOP or even Denny's, but I hardly ever see commercials for, I mean like it is going out of style. And it seems like I would be there demographic to see some kind of even an advertisement but no its hardly ever mentioned. :(

Im used to not eating it now, which I realize from time to time, I just don't know what to make if it.... Idk 

Well I'm off for a siesta, and to dream of wheat cakes, with honey and coconut shavings. I shall retire bid you adu, and to all who said we are moving up, I'll be satisfied doing tomorrow as a new day. Stay cheerful, peace 🕊️

On 4/26/2023 at 1:12 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Yep. I definitely do not envy the amount of sun you guys get . Same goes for out west here in the states . You guys can have it. We get plenty and like you over there we have plenty of animals that will get you as quick at the sun. (Florida man included. ) 

I live in the upper panhandle of Florida.  My back yard is on the North side of Yellow River. The South side of the river is Eglin Air Force Base and a HUGE natural preserve where ALOT of the US Military come to spend their Hell Week for training.  

I grew up on these trails and woods.

It's crazy to see how many get taken out in ambulances due to heat exhaustion and animal encounters.  

Yeah, honestly our animals are exaggerated. The media plays it up, there's not as many dangerous encounters as people think. Sure you come across brown snakes a lot here, which are super deadly, but they don't want to hurt you. Just leave them be. Most animals here don't want to hurt you. Besides drop bears, of course. They're in a league of their own. You're more likely to get taken by the heat. 

Oh, and don't f*** around up north. Crocs won't blink at taking you. Same with the jellyfish. They are not to be messed with. Sharks are a bit of a problem, but it all comes with the territory. Be aware of your surroundings, and generally you'll be okay. Listen to the locals. 

Edited by Cat

On 4/25/2023 at 10:55 PM, Cat said:

Yeah, honestly our animals are exaggerated. The media plays it up, there's not as many dangerous encounters as people think. Sure you come across brown snakes a lot here, which are super deadly, but they don't want to hurt you. Just leave them be. Most animals here don't want to hurt you. Besides drop bears, of course. They're in a league of their own. You're more likely to get taken by the heat. 

Oh, and don't f*** around up north. Crocs won't blink at taking you. Same with the jellyfish. They are not to be messed with. Sharks are a bit of a problem, but it all comes with the territory. Be aware of your surroundings, and generally you'll be okay. Listen to the locals. 

Almost all of those same rules apply here. 

In addition to Jelly Fish we also have Portuguese Man O Wars. We also have a few bears and in south Florida we have the Florida Panthers.  Also known as the Costa Rican Puma, The Florida Puma, or the Florida Cougar.  (Not to be confused with the more common Florida Cougars found around here.:roflmao: )  Although the Panther encounters are rare as they are listed as endangered and they estimate only about 200-300 or so are left in the wild.

The rest are probably in some crazy Miami dope dealers compound.  

We also have a lot of snakes as spiders as well that can do anything from make you sick to cause death, but as you mentioned this is usually less common depending on the common sense of the person.  Still many people end up struck by Water Moccasins (Cottonmouth) [some of the most aggressive], Rattlesnakes(a BUNCH of varieties) , Copperheads, Coral , Eastern Brown snakes, or bit by black widow, brown recluse, or brown widows.

Sharks as you mentioned most of the time aren't too bad . We have a bunch, but stay on land = not a problem.  Still every year several people are bit. Although more people drown from rip tides and die from falling limbs. 

But it definitely is the humidity and bugs that do most in here. 

On 4/26/2023 at 2:30 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

In addition to Jelly Fish we also have Portuguese Man O Wars. We also have a few bears and in south Florida we have the Florida Panthers.  Also known as the Costa Rican Puma, The Florida Puma, or the Florida Cougar.  (Not to be confused with the more common Florida Cougars found around here.:roflmao: )  Although the Panther encounters are rare as they are listed as endangered and they estimate only about 200-300 or so are left in the wild.

We also have a lot of snakes as spiders as well that can do anything from make you sick to cause death, but as you mentioned this is usually less common depending on the common sense of the person.  Still many people end up struck by Water Moccasins (Cottonmouth) [some of the most aggressive], Rattlesnakes(a BUNCH of varieties) , Copperheads, Coral , Eastern Brown snakes, or bit by black widow, brown recluse, or brown widows.

Sharks as you mentioned most of the time aren't too bad . We have a bunch, but stay on land = not a problem.  Still every year several people are bit. Although more people drown from rip tides and die from falling limbs. 

Yeah, spot on. It's really only up north or inland that the real danger lies, and if you manage yourself, you should be alright, bar something like the irukanji (sp?) jellyfish, which is this teeny tiny little jellyfish that is amazingly fatal. If one touches you, goodbye. That's just bad luck, really, not much you can do about that. Besides crocs we don't really have any large predators. No bears or lions or anything like that. Kangaroos aren't much of a danger, but you still shouldn't misbehave around a big red. We have a lot of the deadliest animals, but it's not like they're here in large numbers waiting to get you. They're mdktly reclusive creatures trying to avoid you. 

Put me in croc territory rather than besr territory any day. The risk is more manageable. 

On 4/25/2023 at 11:30 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

There is time and enough that remember for them to eventually reopen, but when I look at the breakfast places that used to be a dime a dozen? Sure you have the hits like IHOP or even Denny's, but I hardly ever see commercials for, I mean like it is going out of style. And it seems like I would be there demographic to see some kind of even an advertisement but no its hardly ever mentioned. :(

Im used to not eating it now, which I realize from time to time, I just don't know what to make if it.... Idk 

A fancy restaurant opened nearby an pancakes are $13 for one👍 but they are good I had one👍, not worth $13 though

On 4/26/2023 at 11:46 PM, FoggyNelson said:

A fancy restaurant opened nearby an pancakes are $13 for one👍 but they are good I had one👍, not worth $13 though

$13US per pancake? Yowch. 

Edited by Cat

On 4/26/2023 at 7:32 PM, Cat said:
On 4/26/2023 at 8:46 AM, FoggyNelson said:

$13US per pancake? Yowch. 

I'm sure it is a high fluting pancake lol

I laugh cause after I said good night yesterday I'm like, going to sleep saying why don't I buy this stuff to cook or how silly I sounded that I see no commercials per se haha

But still it goes without saying that breakfast has always been my favorite to eat out at a restaurant, I just didn't do it that often. There is simple cooking involved yet there is a lot, and then I eat it in 5 seconds, it's why I'd rather go to pay where it's in mass lol

Long story to say give me some scrambled eggs, hashbrowns, toast p, bacon, biscuits, sausage, orange juice, pancakes , syrup and butter. I get why healthy people have pushed it out, heck I didn't go out to eat it that often, but I liked it was an OPTION!  :roflmao:

On 4/27/2023 at 10:51 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'm sure it is a high fluting pancake lol

I laugh cause after I said good night yesterday I'm like, going to sleep saying why don't I buy this stuff to cook or how silly I sounded that I see no commercials per se haha

But still it goes without saying that breakfast has always been my favorite to eat out at a restaurant, I just didn't do it that often. There is simple cooking involved yet there is a lot, and then I eat it in 5 seconds, it's why I'd rather go to pay where it's in mass lol

Long story to say give me some scrambled eggs, hashbrowns, toast p, bacon, biscuits, sausage, orange juice, pancakes , syrup and butter. I get why healthy people have pushed it out, heck I didn't go out to eat it that often, but I liked it was an OPTION!  :roflmao:

In Brisbane there's this terrific cafe near me that does a great breakfast: sausage, bacon, egg your way (I prefer scrambled), spinach, mushroom, tomato, toast, and a hash brown, delivered hot and fresh. Perfect! Can't beat that. It's so filling but oh so good. 

Because of my fibromyalgia I wake up feeling like I've been hit by a truck, so the last thing you want to do is cook. Walking to the fridge is hell. So this is a great option while you're waiting for your morning meds to really kick in. Have that on the balcony, you can't do better. 

On 4/25/2023 at 11:30 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Speaking of south Florida. I read this book 3 or 4 years ago. Its based on the fact that mail was delivered by postmen walking along the beach from Palm Beach to Lake Worth Florida between 1885 and 1892.

scan0330.jpg

Edited by frozentundraguy

On 4/26/2023 at 8:46 AM, FoggyNelson said:

How all other pancakes look after eating $13 pancakes. BoringPlasticIraniangroundjay-size_restricted.gif.604367fe4afb0139e9bf0acc6f9b60f0.gif