• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Cornfield Library lounge area thread. Off topic posts are allowed!
15 15

40,337 posts in this topic

On 1/3/2024 at 8:18 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

In addition to the grading issue. They also have issues with correct identification / listing of variants.  I have had a fee issues that were supposed to be Newsstand issues that they sent direct editions.  Same with DCU. 

Yeah, one of the issues they sent me was of the wrong variant, despite that their listings had already properly designated them. Might've been an employee mistake, since it's very easy to mistake the two variants (the only difference is a publisher logo).

On that note, NewKadia did get back to me within an hour of me sending them an e-mail (long after work hours). Offered either full refund after a return or a partial refund without a return, and I chose the latter (since I'm in Canada and shipping would eat away at the refund). I would consider this to be an acceptable compromise.

Whether or not I choose to buy from them again is another matter altogether, but I would say that if they had a lot of issues I needed that I couldn't find elsewhere, I'd still consider buying from them during a sale, and just make a claim again if there are any problems.

I just had a dream where I was waiting for an Uber, and it arrived, and it was an Indian cattle truck. 

Update: Surprisingly, even before NewKadia promised me a refund (which is still pending), Mile High Comics suddenly got back to me just now with an immediate refund for the issues with their order, no questions asked. That's pleasing to see.

On 1/6/2024 at 9:53 AM, stormflora said:

Update: Surprisingly, even before NewKadia promised me a refund (which is still pending), Mile High Comics suddenly got back to me just now with an immediate refund for the issues with their order, no questions asked. That's pleasing to see.

That's good. Mile High screwed me over on a book some years ago, they didn't send it on the order even though it was in stock, and they upped the price (it was just a foil Marvel Collectible Classic), and when I asked when they were sending it out, they kept giving me the run around. I had to get a certain muckraking comics journalist to help me on the issue. He was about to publish an article on it until suddenly they sent it to me! 

On 1/6/2024 at 8:38 AM, FoggyNelson said:

I would be flat broke an a drunkard every day when I was younger if they had that beer‼️👍 🍺 

"Don't go Bacon, my heart!" :whistle:

"I couldn't if I fried!!" :banana: 

On 1/6/2024 at 10:07 AM, Martian Manhunter said:

Just goes to show how awful Marvel comics are and their fans. They been pushing so hard to make their values of comics go up, but in reality, Marvel comics is boring, kiddie trash, just like their movies.😂🤣😂

And here kids, is why you shouldn't drink alcohol for breakfast.

-bc

On 1/6/2024 at 1:16 AM, Cat said:

That's good. Mile High screwed me over on a book some years ago, they didn't send it on the order even though it was in stock, and they upped the price (it was just a foil Marvel Collectible Classic), and when I asked when they were sending it out, they kept giving me the run around. I had to get a certain muckraking comics journalist to help me on the issue. He was about to publish an article on it until suddenly they sent it to me! 

It's probably hit or miss. But I guess I was lucky. Or maybe they shaped up their operations a bit over the last few years after all of the scandals and complaints.