• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Cornfield Library lounge area thread. Off topic posts are allowed!
15 15

40,317 posts in this topic

On 5/12/2024 at 7:20 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

@Cat

Hope you're doing well my friend 🙏

FB_IMG_1715462374624.jpg

I'm recovering, thanks. Though bad timing for me to have read this, as I'd just had a bit of a cry (my morning meds haven't kicked in yet, it happens). I'll feel a million times better when I have her ashes home with me. Then I think I'll be at peace, and can truly move on. That should be sometime this week, I'd expect. 

Posted (edited)
On 5/11/2024 at 6:16 PM, Cat said:

I'm recovering, thanks. Though bad timing for me to have read this, as I'd just had a bit of a cry (my morning meds haven't kicked in yet, it happens). I'll feel a million times better when I have her ashes home with me. Then I think I'll be at peace, and can truly move on. That should be sometime this week, I'd expect. 

Prayers 🙏 my friend, healing from ONE that sticks closer than a brother! Proverbs 18:24

Love never dies my friend.

Spoiler

Screenshot_20240511-181837.png

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 5/12/2024 at 9:20 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Prayers 🙏 my friend, healing from ONE that sticks closer than a brother! Proverbs 18:24

Love never dies my friend.

Hide contents

Screenshot_20240511-181837.png

Thank you, Addy. That's very much appreciated. 

Posted (edited)
On 4/28/2024 at 6:17 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Speaking of which, yesterday was evidently "Independent Bookstore Day?" ???

My used bookstore nearby said as much, and they hosted a "Golden Ticket" hunt within their store. 6 total envelopes to find, only one per person, afaik.

With the "golden" one being a prize of like 45 audio books. It sounded intriguing, and I'm saving for Comic-Con, so it gave me something to do lol 

I searched the whole store so I had thought at least for an hour, and one guy found one, which was $5 credit. No one seemed to be looking other than me and maybe kids with parents shopping. Not a lot of distraction, but I didn't want to make people move from shopping, so I had to retrace.

Found one persons phone that they had just left on a shelf, went and turned that in to lost and found.

Anyway,........ I did after that find an envelope of $10 credit :) yadda yadda :shy: 

Screenshot_20240428-061423.png

They sometimes get comics in, but after winning credits from independent bookstore day lol

Waiting for comic gold was hard, credit was good for a year but the certificate was about to tear up even in the glove box doh!

So free to me!!

Emergency $7 spent of $10. Hopefully these are collectable?

IMG_20240515_122819201.jpg

IMG_20240515_122438187.jpg

IMG_20240515_122458499~2.jpg

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

guess not, but I tried, and of course they were tucked away and hard to look through. lol I had seen someone buy a Pam Anderson one from the 80's or I wouldn't have even known they were there. idk. Maybe that person had picked the "best of them", it was a last resort. :sorry: