• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Cornfield Library lounge area thread. Off topic posts are allowed!
16 16

40,594 posts in this topic

On 4/24/2022 at 7:33 AM, Cat said:

Just saying hi to everyone! It's so cold here! 

Lucky you! Our air conditioner motor went out Friday night, day before yesterday, so we have to get in the attic today to take the motor off. Lord willing I can go tomorrow and buy a replacement.

Also Praise God it's cloudy and windy today with a chance of rain, so fans should do the trick.

If it wasn't fixable, I'd be selling comics, big house units are expensive!  :eek:

Eek!

On 4/24/2022 at 9:47 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Lucky you! Our air conditioner motor went out Friday night, day before yesterday, so we have to get in the attic today to take the motor off. Lord willing I can go tomorrow and buy a replacement.

Also Praise God it's cloudy and windy today with a chance of rain, so fans should do the trick.

If it wasn't fixable, I'd be selling comics, big house units are expensive!  :eek:

Eek!

Sorry to hear that.  Good luck!

On 4/24/2022 at 7:47 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Eek!

We were almost 90 here on Thursday, windy and dusty.  Ran the AC to make aure it wouldn't blow up.  50s today with snow chance overnight.  Spring in Colorado!!! :facepalm:

On 4/24/2022 at 8:47 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Eek!

I took it off, hopefully this fixes it and I don't have to replace the whole unit. Prayers

heard a click click click and then a hum, I'm hoping when I replace the motor a capacitor comes with it, in case it is that.

Spoiler

Well I have to give glory to God 🙏

It is cloudy and breezy since Friday, so the Lord new, we didn't even notice it until about 5pm last night.

Then it all made sense, we kept hearing a machine off in the distance that was peculiar, didn't know if it was a plain, leaf blower or mower lol

And there is a chance for rain tonight and not much humidity considering. Our AC has kept freon forever that isn't in existence anymore and pressure and etc. It's real outdated, but I'm thanking the Lord I don't need to sell comics.

Lord willing it was times just right, we have an old AC repair shop up the street that can order or Lord willing has the part. We had to had replaced the gas valve for the heater over winter, and I vaguely remember him saying he still had "other parts" for our antique unit.

IMG_20220424_134512455.jpg

IMG_20220424_134517800~2.jpg

Edited by ADAMANTIUM