• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Cornfield Library lounge area thread. Off topic posts are allowed!
16 16

40,412 posts in this topic

On 5/12/2022 at 2:44 PM, kav said:

16.Want a full accounting of my time?Let’s see how much of it you waste

My boss is a lunatic who will often, without prompting, flip out and accuse me of wasting time.

(I literally do the work of five people — I run the office and the other employees, do invoicing, accounting, tech support, admin stuff, etc.

but also graphic design, photography, website design, videography, content creation, and social media among others.I am dead by the end of every day, which is usually 12 hours long).This flip-out happens meanwhile he’s constantly interrupting me for stupid stuff instead of letting me work.He has no self awareness of this no matter how many times I try to point it out to him, and if something doesn’t get done, he again loses it and accuses me of wasting time.A few months ago, he demanded a full accounting of my time.This was after he interrupted me repeatedly for discussions about frivolous topics, and I was at the end of my freaking rope.

So: here is an excerpt of the ‘Full Accounting Of My Time’, as he requested.

11:45 – 12:20

• Editing and working on hype video, including organizing, trimming, melding clips.

12:20 – 12:55

• You stopped me for religious discussion, reading several Biblical parables aloud and explaining them.
1:54 – 2:29  Video editing, transferring files to HD for compilation.

1:22 – 1:54

You stopped me to show several lengthy Grant Cardone videos because “they annoyed you”.

1:00 – 1:22 

Video editing, arranging clips in preparation for music and special effects.

2:29 – 2:40

• You stopped me to have me watch a YouTube video of a duck.

In total, he took up 3 hours and 28 minutes of my day.
He's mostly shut up about my "time wasting".

Bob... Bob...

On 5/12/2022 at 2:54 PM, kav said:

11.You want me to call you?Give me one second

A few years ago, I went to the doctor’s to make an appointment (I had to go to the pharmacy next to it so thought I’d pop in instead of calling).
Receptionist tells me they cant take walk ins (I didn’t want an appointment then anyway), and can only take bookings over the phone.

So I stood at reception, got my phone out and called the number for the phone right next to her.
I made eye contact with her, the whole time, as she answered the phone, and booked me in.

0_gdj5vxBQDgZjA_nS.gif.4142770a51714c48bd737b1cb3c82563.gif

0_TpQZoa8XO1PMRMlg.gif.45276f3010d5937897702aa74243bc25.gif