• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Cornfield Library lounge area thread. Off topic posts are allowed!
16 16

40,402 posts in this topic

On 5/29/2022 at 8:51 PM, deadleg said:

I'm probably going to get in trouble for this one.

On 5/29/2022 at 8:52 PM, kav said:

mike-

On 5/29/2022 at 8:52 PM, kav said:

mike would like to see you in HR stat

On 5/29/2022 at 8:57 PM, CGC Mike said:

If you do it again, you definitely will.  

On 5/29/2022 at 9:01 PM, Pitboss said:

:whatthe:

On 5/29/2022 at 9:28 PM, Cat said:

I always miss the good stuff. How long did OWK get banned for this time? 

Oh... 

OH.... 

It wasn't OWK? 

Nice one, deadleg! 

On 5/29/2022 at 9:31 PM, MattTheDuck said:

Ruined the Library's 20-hour streak of not posting something that attracted Mike's attention

slapOmatic.gif.572d069df53d545fc6e228820a45ca0e.gif

On 5/29/2022 at 10:31 PM, MattTheDuck said:

Ruined the Library's 20-hour streak of not posting something that attracted Mike's attention

20 hours???

Is that a record?

On 5/29/2022 at 10:38 PM, Cat said:

Are you going to show me? Or are just messing me, you little rascal? 

mike-

from reddit:
Back in my teens I used to work at a sort of guided tour in my city. The tour took place in a sort of small car designed to look like a train and people would sit in wagons behind it while it drove around and explained stuff about our city. We also provide a shuttle service at set times from and to a parking place for a theme park nearby.
Outside of these times we would not ride because we weren’t paid at all. We drove the whole morning until 12 pm and then we drove from 4 pm to 8 pm. I experienced many tantrums as one does in tourism. I forgot about most of them over the years. 
But one hissy fit was so insane, I still remember it as clear as day. There was a family of six people, who approached us while we were off duty when the “trains” were all parked.
The father of the family approaches me and says that they would like to go back to their car. I explain that we do not drive at these hours and that we did specify that during the ride over here. He calls me a liar. My boss was in the train reading a magazine and this guy walked towards him puffing. So, my boss opens the windows and asks if he can help him.
The guy asks the same question, boss gives the same answer. This guy just flipped. He started yelling and screaming like he was seven, jumping on the train and off, punching the windows, all the while turning red, tears running over his face. His wife in the meantime chose to walk away with the children looking embarrassed.
An old man who was with them calmly walked towards the man having a tantrum and said, “Get down,” The guy keeps screaming at me at my boss, at the old man, and anyone else who comes near him. This old man walks closer, suddenly jumps up, grabs the guy’s ear, and drags him from the train. The guy is now screaming, “Sorry, Dad, sorry.” His behavior still stumps to this day that some people are like that.

On 5/30/2022 at 5:38 PM, kav said:

from reddit:
Back in my teens I used to work at a sort of guided tour in my city. The tour took place in a sort of small car designed to look like a train and people would sit in wagons behind it while it drove around and explained stuff about our city. We also provide a shuttle service at set times from and to a parking place for a theme park nearby.
Outside of these times we would not ride because we weren’t paid at all. We drove the whole morning until 12 pm and then we drove from 4 pm to 8 pm. I experienced many tantrums as one does in tourism. I forgot about most of them over the years. 
But one hissy fit was so insane, I still remember it as clear as day. There was a family of six people, who approached us while we were off duty when the “trains” were all parked.
The father of the family approaches me and says that they would like to go back to their car. I explain that we do not drive at these hours and that we did specify that during the ride over here. He calls me a liar. My boss was in the train reading a magazine and this guy walked towards him puffing. So, my boss opens the windows and asks if he can help him.
The guy asks the same question, boss gives the same answer. This guy just flipped. He started yelling and screaming like he was seven, jumping on the train and off, punching the windows, all the while turning red, tears running over his face. His wife in the meantime chose to walk away with the children looking embarrassed.
An old man who was with them calmly walked towards the man having a tantrum and said, “Get down,” The guy keeps screaming at me at my boss, at the old man, and anyone else who comes near him. This old man walks closer, suddenly jumps up, grabs the guy’s ear, and drags him from the train. The guy is now screaming, “Sorry, Dad, sorry.” His behavior still stumps to this day that some people are like that.

In this case, I think we can rule out "bad parenting."

On 5/30/2022 at 6:04 PM, MattTheDuck said:

In this case, I think we can rule out "bad parenting."

I was working at Subway. One night we were running out of spinach. A guy dressed as a cowboy came in and ordered a foot-long. We got to the spinach, and the cowboy said, “I want a lot of spinach.” We were only supposed to put pinches on anyways, but this guy was used to me giving extra when my manager wasn’t around because I roll that way, but not today.

He demanded, “You’re gonna give me more than that.” I replied, “We’re running out of spinach today,” knowing a boomer tantrum was brewing. “Give me more,” he said, so I gave him pinches, but he wanted handfuls. The cowboy demanded, “I NEED MORE SPINACH THAN THAT, BOY.” I told him again, “Sir, we’re running out of spinach.”

He said, “DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I COME HERE AND THEY GIVE ME ALL THE SPINACH I WANT.” I told him, “Yeah, but other customers are gonna want spinach tonight, though.” He went on saying, “I’ve been coming here for years even though your prices keep going up. Why do the prices keep going up?” I told him I was just the cashier and didn’t know.

He told me I talked him out of a sale and asked for my manager’s number. I gave him mine. He left a message, and I just texted him back, “Yeehaw.”

On 5/30/2022 at 6:10 PM, kav said:

I was working at Subway. One night we were running out of spinach. A guy dressed as a cowboy came in and ordered a foot-long. We got to the spinach, and the cowboy said, “I want a lot of spinach.” We were only supposed to put pinches on anyways, but this guy was used to me giving extra when my manager wasn’t around because I roll that way, but not today.

He demanded, “You’re gonna give me more than that.” I replied, “We’re running out of spinach today,” knowing a boomer tantrum was brewing. “Give me more,” he said, so I gave him pinches, but he wanted handfuls. The cowboy demanded, “I NEED MORE SPINACH THAN THAT, BOY.” I told him again, “Sir, we’re running out of spinach.”

He said, “DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I COME HERE AND THEY GIVE ME ALL THE SPINACH I WANT.” I told him, “Yeah, but other customers are gonna want spinach tonight, though.” He went on saying, “I’ve been coming here for years even though your prices keep going up. Why do the prices keep going up?” I told him I was just the cashier and didn’t know.

He told me I talked him out of a sale and asked for my manager’s number. I gave him mine. He left a message, and I just texted him back, “Yeehaw.”

Prices keep going up because we have to buy more and more spinach.

Working at a pizza shop, a troublesome customer tries to stack coupons that clearly state “One coupon per purchase.” After being refused by everyone in the restaurant, including the owner, he goes on a rant saying that the District Attorney is his cousin, and was threatening a lawsuit. As he was heading for the door, he said, “You can’t afford to mess with me!”

I shouted after him, “You can’t afford a large pizza!”

On 5/30/2022 at 6:14 PM, MattTheDuck said:

Prices keep going up because we have to buy more and more spinach.

247990028_2025506094289790_865092133039554570_n.jpg.424a143c69bff218ef61a633c1e49544.jpg.33a2783731be7a35fe5b11293be0d0a8.jpg

Guess who's got tickets for Penn And Teller's first ever Australian tour? 

This guy! 

Can't wait. Hopefully they stick around after and sign books. I'm going to specially order a physical copy of my favourite Penn Jillette book just in case they do. 

On 5/30/2022 at 9:24 PM, Cat said:

This guy! 

Can't wait. Hopefully they stick around after and sign books. I'm going to specially order a physical copy of my favourite Penn Jillette book just in case they do. 

Love that show, I don't always watch it but from time to time, it's fun an a change of pace for sure. 

On 5/30/2022 at 7:24 PM, Cat said:

This guy! 

Glad that one guy recovered from the tiger attack!

On 5/30/2022 at 7:24 PM, Cat said:

This guy! 

have a buddy who talked to penn after penn bought some of his magic tricks.  

On 5/31/2022 at 2:18 PM, kav said:

have a buddy who talked to penn after penn bought some of his magic tricks.  

That's cool. He's actually a pretty intelligent guy. His books are good reading, if you don't mind him going on about atheism, a strong belief of his. 

Edit: I don't like my phrasing there, but I'd hate to recommend books to someone who has a strong thing against that. No politics or religion being brought up. Just an FYI. 

Edited by Cat

On 5/31/2022 at 2:17 PM, kav said:

May be an image of 4 people and text

Wow, that's how old this one is, that was the only live-action Flash at the time it was made. A true classic.