• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Cornfield Library lounge area thread. Off topic posts are allowed!
16 16

40,415 posts in this topic

On 6/21/2022 at 1:45 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

lol I figured owk would be like that's enough internets for today :roflmao:

image.thumb.png.cfc053fc62c12aa4091d05faeaf06321.png

You typoed 'band' and put 'bang'. I had some fun with the rest. :yeehaw:

On 6/20/2022 at 10:41 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Was Just curious lol 

In googling Adamantium t-shirts for the heck of it, I got swept up, but I did learn that it is the name of a thrash metal bang :cheers:

oh my bad

On 6/21/2022 at 1:51 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

lol now I get it, that kind of spoils the mood though haha

Just wait till OWK brings in some gifs!

So, I know nothing about wrestling, but how was your wrestling guy in person? It's always cool meeting idols in person. Well, usually (:censored: you Chris Claremont). 

Edited by Cat

On 6/20/2022 at 10:56 AM, Cat said:

So, I know nothing about wrestling, but how was your wrestling guy in person? 

no give

Shook our hand and it was like shaking a bolder. I'm only 5'8" but my brother is 6'5", the Undertaker is the wrestler and he is 6'10"

I shook this rock of a hand, looked up, and just said "tall man!" 

foot in mouth moment, but lol then I forgot to smile.

In my defense I had been standing around waiting for my brother to finish other photos for an hour or more, I forgot to look alive.

Since I showed the 1st pic of a smile, I figure show the shirt and me looking like a dwarf, grimace and all!

Spoiler

Best Grimace GIFs | Gfycat

If it makes you feel better, I've just been utterly embarrassed by @MattTheDuck in the Stupid Hollywood thread in the WC. So your revenge has been assured. He decimated me. 

On 6/20/2022 at 11:03 AM, Cat said:

If it makes you feel better, I've just been utterly embarrassed by @MattTheDuck in the Stupid Hollywood thread in the WC. So your revenge has been assured. He decimated me. 

ya I feel like I've over played this con thing, but

1 - it's comic related

2- usually there are others that post in the thread, though a few did.

3- and lol it was meant to spark conversation about the market and or just comics, comics, comics.

lol I try :) 

On 6/21/2022 at 2:06 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

ya I feel like I've over played this con thing, but

1 - it's comic related

2- usually there are others that post in the thread, though a few did.

3- and lol it was meant to spark conversation about the market and or just comics, comics, comics.

lol I try :) 

Don't stress about it. You just lucked out that the only other guy around right now doesn't know a thing about wrestling. 

And I'd better try and get back to sleep. It's past 2am. Night, Addy. Hope you found your shirt, and that's a good photo you got, so it was worth it, mate. 

Night! 

On 6/20/2022 at 10:56 AM, Cat said:

So, I know nothing about wrestling, but how was your wrestling guy in person? It's always cool meeting idols in person. Well, usually (:censored: you Chris Claremont). 

I've had my Claremont moment too. It was the 1st con I'd ever attended, didn't know what's up. I've gone over it before, it was a small con, the next one was my 1st big con and got Stan Lee SS'd... a much better experience.

Anyway somehow me and Claremont talked about X-men the animated series and he messed up one of the sigs as he was talking.

I didn't know grading, but had "heard cgc was the best", it was like literally the year a competitor was invented in like 2014-15. They didn't tell me who they were, just want to pay for witnessing and grading? I was like "yes!CGC?" they took me to be speaking more of a statement than question. :( I paid the witness fee thinking that was it, cause I didn't know. Got like 14 books signed by Claremont thinking no matter one sig is messed up, I got a witness to authenticate.

Went over and they were like 14 books? that'll be another $455 dollars :cry:

I got my witness fee refunded though. Next con, the big one with Stan Lee, earned my respect with CGC ^^ 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM