• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Cornfield Library lounge area thread. Off topic posts are allowed!
16 16

40,415 posts in this topic

On 6/20/2022 at 11:51 AM, MattTheDuck said:

Somebody's 12,000 miles from home

lol ya my Australian mates I don't know how far in anther direction too.

I'm just on a high from the past week, willing to chat, so if I over do it then :cheers: next rounds on me!

On 6/20/2022 at 12:06 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Take the image to any local print shop. 

I've had that suggested before, are there no copyright legalities for a print shop? idk if there were, only reason I hadn't, but of course I should try :) 

Do they do quality work? or ever had, seen or heard it done with success?

On 6/20/2022 at 12:08 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I've had that suggested before, are there no copyright legalities for a print shop? idk if there were, only reason I hadn't, but of course I should try :) 

Do they do quality work? or ever had, seen or heard it done with success?

All depends on the place. Really for the cheapest you can get iron on transfers that you can print at home, but shops will do a better job. If you really want a nice one take a shirt you already have picked out and consider having it embroidered, but it can get expensive.  

On 6/20/2022 at 12:11 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

All depends on the place. Really for the cheapest you can get iron on transfers that you can print at home, but shops will do a better job. If you really want a nice one take a shirt you already have picked out and consider having it embroidered, but it can get expensive.  

ya that would be ideal, in the long run I just don't want to have it redone, but depending on cost, it might still be the better option ^^

On 6/20/2022 at 10:43 AM, Cat said:

Sounds like a gang. You might say a gang bang. I'd be careful getting too close. 

On 6/20/2022 at 10:45 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

lol I figured owk would be like that's enough internets for today :roflmao:

image.thumb.png.cfc053fc62c12aa4091d05faeaf06321.png

Maybe time to make a custom shirt with that other board members name.

They should have made your "Member"  out of Adamantium , as it would survive the bang.

On 6/20/2022 at 12:16 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Maybe time to make a custom shirt with that other board members name.

They should have made your "Member"  out of Adamantium , as it would survive the bang.

lol ya, there is one close to that already in production, it just says "tough as adamantium", but your right it did make me think of that lol 

On 6/21/2022 at 2:12 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I've had my Claremont moment too. It was the 1st con I'd ever attended, didn't know what's up. I've gone over it before, it was a small con, the next one was my 1st big con and got Stan Lee SS'd... a much better experience.

Anyway somehow me and Claremont talked about X-men the animated series and he messed up one of the sigs as he was talking.

I didn't know grading, but had "heard cgc was the best", it was like literally the year a competitor was invented in like 2014-15. They didn't tell me who they were, just want to pay for witnessing and grading? I was like "yes!CGC?" they took me to be speaking more of a statement than question. :( I paid the witness fee thinking that was it, cause I didn't know. Got like 14 books signed by Claremont thinking no matter one sig is messed up, I got a witness to authenticate.

Went over and they were like 14 books? that'll be another $455 dollars :cry:

I got my witness fee refunded though. Next con, the big one with Stan Lee, earned my respect with CGC ^^ 

Ouch. Yours beats mine on pure pain. 

Day of the con I get there and realise in my haste securing the perfect edition of Game Of Thrones for George RR Martin to sign, I forgot to bring anything for Claremont to sign! Nothing at all! So I bit the bullet, and one shop was selling X-Men 1e's for $20 (an outrageous price, but what choice did I have?). Waited my turn in the queue, and when I got up there he was seated next to Greg Capullo. They were having a conversation.

Not paying any attention to Claremont's attendee before him, he signed and they walked off, clearly unhappy.

. I walked up and said hi, and went to go into a bit of a spiel about how much his writing meant to a young me etc etc... and he shushed me. He literally f*&king shushed me. I was angry. Even Capullo side-eyed him, and said hi to me. 

He signed my comic, pushed it away, then turned away from me, clearly pushing me on. I went to ask if I could please have it personalised, and he pointed away. 

I really wanted to throw that $20 X-Men 1 in the bin, (considering I'd paid another $25 or something for sig, this was the world's most expensive raw X-Men 1, I figured) and I still wanted it binned, to get rid of the horrible experiences? . The friends I was with saw I was upset, asked me what happened and why I was in and out so quick (no, OWK) and they were mad too. They told to go confront him and tell him what a gormless wanker he is. I just wanted to leave it. I didn't want to leave one bad experience ruin the rest of my day. 

I did see a guy in line though, who I'd been running into all day. We didn't know each other, just had similar tastes, so we chatted throughout the day. I told him what just happened, to watch how long he spent with people. I saw him leave the line. That was satisfying. 

Chris Claremont is a f&*king jerk! 

On 6/20/2022 at 3:09 PM, Cat said:

Ouch. Yours beats mine on pure pain. 

Day of the con I get there and realise in my haste securing the perfect edition of Game Of Thrones for George RR Martin to sign, I forgot to bring anything for Claremont to sign! Nothing at all! So I bit the bullet, and one shop was selling X-Men 1e's for $20 (an outrageous price, but what choice did I have?). Waited my turn in the queue, and when I got up there he was seated next to Greg Capullo. They were having a conversation.

Not paying any attention to Claremont's attendee before him, he signed and they walked off, clearly unhappy.

. I walked up and said hi, and went to go into a bit of a spiel about how much his writing meant to a young me etc etc... and he shushed me. He literally f*&king shushed me. I was angry. Even Capullo side-eyed him, and said hi to me. 

He signed my comic, pushed it away, then turned away from me, clearly pushing me on. I went to ask if I could please have it personalised, and he pointed away. 

I really wanted to throw that $20 X-Men 1 in the bin, (considering I'd paid another $25 or something for sig, this was the world's most expensive raw X-Men 1, I figured) and I still wanted it binned, to get rid of the horrible experiences? . The friends I was with saw I was upset, asked me what happened and why I was in and out so quick (no, OWK) and they were mad too. They told to go confront him and tell him what a gormless wanker he is. I just wanted to leave it. I didn't want to leave one bad experience ruin the rest of my day. 

I did see a guy in line though, who I'd been running into all day. We didn't know each other, just had similar tastes, so we chatted throughout the day. I told him what just happened, to watch how long he spent with people. I saw him leave the line. That was satisfying. 

Chris Claremont is a f&*king jerk! 

lol good to know. If it blunts my pain in the least, I had the money to pay the competition, yet it would have been all my money, on the 1st day of the 1st con I ever attended. I just had to say nuhuh.

I eventually held those comics until valuable enough to trade to the LCS for what I paid, took until this year to unload them all, and I still probably lost a few dollars. But I think of the story and how well the 2nd con and 1st big one worked out :cheers:

Claremont is a stubborn chap, but he has "deep thoughts" (our theme for the day, or at least a couple of hours ago) to make him a good plot writer and perhaps story teller.

I feel bad that his "want to" to go on and on with Capullo was over riding what he was there to do in the first place, GREET the fans.

lol Especially given I'm sure it happened in Australia and no certain promise of happening again soon. You Win my friend lol 

On 6/21/2022 at 6:16 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

lol good to know. If it blunts my pain in the least, I had the money to pay the competition, yet it would have been all my money, on the 1st day of the 1st con I ever attended. I just had to say nuhuh.

I eventually held those comics until valuable enough to trade to the LCS for what I paid, took until this year to unload them all, and I still probably lost a few dollars. But I think of the story and how well the 2nd con and 1st big one worked out :cheers:

Claremont is a stubborn chap, but he has "deep thoughts" (our theme for the day, or at least a couple of hours ago) to make him a good plot writer and perhaps story teller.

I feel bad that his "want to" to go on and on with Capullo was over riding what he was there to do in the first place, GREET the fans.

lol Especially given I'm sure it happened in Australia and no certain promise of happening again soon. You Win my friend lol 

And it's not cheap to fly out guests here, then around the country, plus accommodation, spending, plus they want to do touristy stuff, all that costs money. It's done in good faith they'll be there for the fans when the time comes, not chatting among themselves which they can do any other time. It was pretty egregious.